Wrench- Waking Comforts

I somehow make my way home, the injuries from my earlier run in with some rogue hacker plus stress and exhaustion finally hit me as I walk through the door.

"You're home!" Wrench excitedly calls from the living room, his golden retriever energy makes me smile as everything goes black.

-----------------------------------------

Ugh, I feel like shit and my muscles ache. I slowly open my eyes to darkness, only a dim light shines as I take in my surroundings.

I'm in my bedroom, and a dim light coming from the hallway shows me a concerned Wrench sitting on the bed opposite me, his back rests against the wall as a book rests open on his lap.

I groan and try to sit up.

"Hey, hey, don't move." Wrench hurriedly says, getting up and helping me lean up a little.

"Ah shit, I knew I should have just stunned him" I mumble as Wrench narrows his eyes at me, "I kind of had a run in with some Prime_Eight douchebag".

Wrench stiffens so I quickly add "It's okay, I knocked him on his ass...he just managed to get a few hits in first."

"I'll find him" Wrench practically growls, and his protectiveness makes me smile and shake my head.

"Don't you need to get going, it seems pretty late" I say to Wrench, looking out of the window and at the city beyond.

"I was gonna stay and make sure you don't die in your sleep or anything," Wrench nervously laughs as I stare, "but I think I'll stay since you can't even sit up by yourself."

I hate to admit he's right, so instead I nod and scoot over and pat the bed, Wrench kicks off his shoes and climbs under the duvet, we both lie side by side without touching.

"Wait, how did I get here?" I ask staring at the ceiling.

"I carried you and tucked you in?" Wrench says but it's more like a question.

"Hmmm" I say, "thank you."

Wrench nods and uses his phone to turn the hallway lights off as darkness envelopes us, the moonlight shines through the window making my room seem majestic.

"Wrench?" I ask, turning my head as he takes off his mask.

"Yeah?"

"Can I hug you?"

Wrench's answer is to open his arms, so I groan and scoot closer to him, resting my head on his arm as he cages me into his warm chest, the scent of cigarettes and the faint smell of petrol and cologne fills my nose.

My eyes begin to drift closed as Wrench pulls the duvet up over us, and I swear he kisses my forehead.