Wrench- Family Fever

I've been dating my secret cinnamon roll of a Wrench for a few weeks now, taking things slow and generally getting to know one another.

Tonight we were supposed to go out on a date, but instead I've been roped into babysitting for my auntie. The good part is Wrench offered to come and keep me company for the few hours she's out.

The bad news...well, I don't know how Wrench is with kids. Since puppies and kittens are a no go area, I'm presuming small humans are also on his list of 'Things I don't trust'.

"Is he your boyfriend, he looks a like someone from mom's movies." My little cousin says, even though she's around 6 years old, she's smart and overconfident.

I look at Wrench who stands awkwardly in the doorway, arms crossed as he leans against the doorframe.

"You mean the horror movies?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow inconspicuously as she grabs her dolls.

She nods and looks up at me from the floor. "The ones who hurt people and say 'What's your favourite scary movie?"

I bite back a smile, "And since when does your mom let you watch these?"

Wrench comes and sits on the floor next to my cousin, who doesn't seem bothered by him.

My cousin shrugs as she brushes a dolls hair. "I sometimes peek through the stairs."

Shaking my head, I look to Wrench who's plucking numerous ponies from the toy pile. "I was watching slasher movies at your age too." Wrench says, nodding as if he's impressed with her.

I give him a look as he looks at the ponies, then he places them in a line. "Hey, why do these horses have pictures on their asses?" He asks, holding one up to show my cousin.

"Language!" I scold him, tapping his shoulder.

My cousin giggles and takes the pony from him. "They're to show their talents, duh."

I smirk at Wrench who tilts his head in confusion. "Huh? So this pony is good at...pooping rainbows?"

My cousin looks at me with furrowed brows. "Where did you get him from
Y/N?" She asks, glancing at Wrench who now is building a tower of ponies.

"I built him, but it went wrong." I tease, sitting down on the floor as my cousin climbs onto my lap laughing and hands me a doll.

"She's pretty, what's her name?" I ask her as Wrench's pony tower grows taller and taller.

"Tiffany." She smiles, taking the doll from me and hugging her to her chest.

I smile and wrap my arms around her. "Shit!" Wrench mumbles as the pony tower falls.

"He meant shoot." I correct, narrowing my eyes at Wrench.

A few hours later, my aunt comes home and Wrench and I head to the door.

"Bye Y/N" My cousin shouts, launching herself at me. I hug her back and pat her head. She then wraps her arms around Wrench's legs. At first he stiffens, but then he leans down and pats her head too.

"Bye kiddo." He murmurs, before I grab his hand and lead him into the street.

"I'm sorry we didn't have a date night." I murmur as we walk down the street. Wrench drapes an arm around my shoulders.

"It's alright, the kid seems good." He muses as I lean my head on his shoulder. I agree, "Yeah, she is."

"You're good with her." He mumbles in a soft tone. I stop and turn around so I'm in front of him.

"You're not getting soppy, are you?" I tease, but he shakes his head and grabs my hands, pulling me to his chest.

"I'm not. But...I've never told anyone this...but one day I'd love to have a family, you know? A kid or two, nice house- don't laugh!"

I shake my head, wrapping my arms around his neck as his hands find my waist. "I'm not laughing, I think it's cute. I mean, it sounds nice."

He nods as he wraps an arm around my shoulders again, and we continue walking.

"You know, we could make a bab-" he begins, but I interupt him.

"Absolutely not Wrench, I'm not ready and your just...broody."

He laughs and squeezes me tighter. "One day."