Wrench- Finances

You bite your lip nervously as you check your bank account. Not good. You wonder if there's anything you can do to get more money, but nothing legal comes to mind. You're not like Wrench as his friends, you're just you.

"No Chinese tonight?" Wrench jokes as he sits on your sofa one Tuesday evening, rain pours outside as you both hangout.

"Well, not tonight" You give him a fake smile, but it crumbles as he asks "Why not?".

You sigh and rub your eyes, better to not let the tears fall otherwise you might not stop.

"Shit, hey what's wrong?" Wrench softly asks, tilting his head low so he can look at you. You sniffle and inhale before telling him.

"I'm just short for money right now, my job isn't cutting it and I've tried applying for other things but I can't find time to work as well as study and-" You ramble, voice wobbling.

"Why didn't you say something?" Wrench asks, cupping your cheek and wiping away a stray tear. You shrug and let your shoulders slump.

Wrench grabs his phone and does something, because you suddenly get a notification on your phone about a bank transfer from an anonymous account.

$50,000.

Your eyes widen and you drop your phone on the floor as you shoot up from the sofa.

"What the fuck! You can't just put money in there, where did you even get it from?" You exclaim, rubbing your fingers through your hair and pacing around the coffee table as Wrench stands up, he puts his hands on your shoulders to stop you and leans down to your height.

"It's fine, the money's from some asshole drug dealer who doesn't need it, you deserve it more than anyone I know, and I never want to see you worry about anything ever again, okay?" He gently mumbles, leaning forward and pressing a finger on your lips.

You stand stunned, after a few moments you nod and slump back down on the sofa as Wrench crouches down in front of you, taking off his mask and setting it aside.

He gives you an encouraging smile before pressing a long but gentle kiss to your lips. "It's okay to ask for help, I can get you anything you want, fuck, I'd hack the world for you".

You smile, "Thank you Reggie". You both look at each other lovingly for a moment until he slaps his knees and abruptly stands up.

"Right, let's order that Chinese" He happily says, grabbing his phone as he gently flicks your nose, making you laugh.