Wrench- New Recruit

AN: This takes place in Watchdogs Legion. Minor spoilers.

"And here she comes." Connie says as I walk down the steps of the HQ, my eyes briefly glance at some man dressed punk rock style, his arms display a variety of tattoos.

"Whatever you think I've done, I swear Connie I probably haven't..." I drawl, holding my hands up as I give her my sweetest smile.

She shakes her head and chuckles, "I'm not sure about that, I was just taking to our newest recruit, says he's from DedSec San Francisco." She muses, smiling.

I stand next to the man, side eyeing him before I remember to actually speak. I hokd out a hand, "I'm Y/N, nice to meet you."

He takes my hand and shakes it, "Wrench. So I guess I'm your problem?" Wrench asks, shrugging a shoulder up in question.

I frown as Connie winces, "About that.
Y/N, I'm trusting you to keep an eye on him and make sure he learns how it's done here in London."

My eyes widen momentarily as my mouth gapes like a fish. "I- me? What?"

Connie shakes her head and gives me a stern look for a second until it softens, she places a comforting hand on my arm, "I know you'll do a good job, you're a leader and right now I need to you to take charge and teach him a few things...please."

I sigh and nod. With that she walks away before I can ask her exactly what I'm supposed to be teaching Wrench.

"So, the weather's...wet." Wrench chuckles, breaking the awkward silence.

I look up at him with a serious face, "The weather is shit." I say then laugh at my own tone. Luckily Wrench laughs with me.

"Right, I'm going to be honest and admit I have no bloody idea what I'm supposed to be doing, so I'll start with showing you around."

I step forward but Wrench clears his throat. "I've- erm- Connie's already showed me everything."

I nod and force a smile onto my face, "Great, okay. What about our enemies, you know about them?" I ask him.

Wrench shrugs as I begin to lead him upstairs. "I've heard a few things, but I'm guessing pretty much everyone's an enemy."

I stop halfway up the stairs with a sigh, "Well yes."

Wrench puts a hand on my shoulder, I stiffen for a moment, "How about we just go and get some coffee?" He suggests.

I nod, "Okay, but I don't like coffee, tea is much better."

Wrench shakes his head as he walks up the stairs. "I think Connie has ulterior motives Y/N."

I glance at him as I type in the code to get out of the door and back into the pub. "What do you mean?"

Wrench waves a hand, dismissing the idea. "Forget I said anything. So, tell me how you got into DedSec?"

I smile and begin to talk.