Josh- The Key

I'm sitting in the hackerspace with Josh whilst he codes away, his focus on the screen in front of him as we sit side by side on the couches near the stairs, our own cosy corner.

I lean my head on his shoulder, sighing as I check the time for the millionth time. I shuffle my body so I'm half sprawled across Josh, hoping to get his attention as I lay my hand on his chest.

His gaze never strays from the laptop.

My hands roam up until I reach his trademark key necklace, it's a simple accessory but I've never seen him without it. I twiddle with it, my thumb brushing against the jagged edges of the key.

"Josh?" I ask, looking up into his brown eyes.

"Hmmm?" He replies, a soft tone as he momentarily looks at me.

"You've never told me what this key is for." I mumble, tilting my head.

"That's because you've never asked." He smiles, reaching up and ruffling my hair as if I'm a child.

"Okay smart ass, what's the key for?" I smirk, hooking a leg over his.

"It's for a box." He simply shrugs, before continuing with his typing.

I sigh and drop the key, unhooking my leg from his and getting up. Josh's hand suddenly grabs mine and he looks up at me.

"Don't go." He murmurs, closing the laptop lid and setting it aside. I nod as Josh opens his arms, beckoning me to cuddle.

I stand between his legs as his arms wrap around my middle, his face buries into my stomach as he squeezes, his breath warm through my clothes.

"Josh, what's inside the box?" I ask, wincing as I hope I'm not pushing any boundaries.

He sighs and shakes his head, leaning back but not letting go. "Trust me, it's nothing important" He smiles, and I narrow my eyes.

"Usually that means it's some sort of secret weapon or something" I reply, putting my hand on his shoulder to hokd myself steady.

"Fine, I'll show you." He sighs, getting up and heading to his desk. He kneels down and reaches behind the wires, retrieving a small box the size of a DVD.

"What the hell could fit in that?" I ask, rasing my eyebrows as he passes it to me. I hold it as he carefully takes off his chain and unlocks the box.

He nods at me to open the lid, and when I see what's inside, I smile.

"Pins?" I grin, looking up at him as he nervously scratches the back of his neck. "I can't believe you called the others nerds for geeking out over Cyberdriver, yet you're here collecting pins, I mean the cat ones are pretty cute." I say, gently rummaging through the collection of miscellaneous pins and badges.

"They're all rare, especially the rabbit ones" He smiles, genuine joy spreads across his face.

"They are pretty cool." I agree, seeing some shiny and iridescent ones.

I pass him the box and he locks it up, tucking it back in the secret hiding place.

"Don't tell anyone, it'll ruin the mysterious vibe." He jokes, grabbing my hands and pulling me towards him.

I laugh, cupping his face, "I promise I won't, my pin loving hacker."

"You're my favourite badge, I love having you on me." He says, and I widen my eyes at the statement before bursting into laughter.

"You've got to work on your pick up lines." I giggle, planting a kiss on his mouth.