Wrench- Christmas Decorating

I hear my front door open and close as Wrench comes to visit. By now I'm used to him letting himself in whenever he feels like.

I'm standing on a step ladder when Wrench lets out a girlish shriek. "Jesus Christ, what are you doing up there?!"

I laugh as he practically lunges at me, his hands immediately finding my waist as I finish putting the Christmas garland up on the living room wall. "I'm decorating for Christmas." I grunt as my short arms finish struggling and I step down with Wrench's assistance.

He sighs with relief and plonks on the sofa, taking his shoes off as he gets comfortable. I quickly dash to the kitchen and grab two wine glasses and a bottle of spiced wine, when I come back I find Wrench without his mask on, his eyes drift to mine and I give him a reassuring smile since he's still getting used to it.

I pour us two glasses and we clink them together in a cheers. "Want to help me pick some decorations for the tree?" I ask, settling on the floor and grabbing a big box of mixed Christmas tree baubles. He shrugs and sits next to me on the floor, most of his wine already gone.

At first he picks a few out, but ten minutes later he's lying on the floor throwing a bauble in the air and catching it as I run a hand through my hair, done with picking the decorations.

I stand up and hold a hand out, "Come on then, you can help me put them on." I smile. Wrench pulls me towards him and quickly kisses me before standing up and pulling me back up too.

I use my phone to put on some Christmas music and hum as I place the decorations on the tree. Wrench passes me them from the box we sorted until an hour later I've finally finished.

"Can you pass me the ladder please?" I ask, nodding at the ladder as I grab the star. Wrench follows my gaze but then shakes his head with an "uh-uh." I frown until his hands find my waist and he lifts me up with ease.

I shriek and laugh, "If you drop me I'll smother you with tinsel." Wrench chuckles and replies "I don't even want to let you go, this is a great view."

I realise his face is right next to my ass. I tut then put the star on the tree. Wrench places me back down and goes to another box in the room, grabbing a string of lights.

"I want them around the window." I explain, and Wrench nods then gets to work draping then above the floor to ceiling window in the middle of my apartment. He turns them on and I smile, immersed in the lights. I vaguely hear Wrench mumble "Worth it" under his breath as he grins at me.

A slow Christmas song comes on so I down the rest of my spiced wine and beckon Wrench to me to dance. He sighs shaking his head but comes over anyway, placing his hands on my waist as I wrap my arms around his neck. The both of us sway to the music and the lights gently shine from all around the apartment. Outside, it begins to snow heavily.

"So Y/N, what have I got in my pocket?" He mumbles into my ear. I laugh and shrug, "I have no clue!"

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a bunch of mistletoe and puts it in my hair. "I guess now I have to kiss you all the time." He whispers as I laugh gently.

I reach up and press a kiss to his mouth as his arms tighten around me, we continue swaying and kissing, slowly making our way to the sofa...