chapter 2**

Vanessa's pov:

           I woke up really early to make breakfast before Maurice woke up. He can be really irritating when he didn't get breakfast early.

    "Momma why did you leave the bed?" I turned around to see a half asleep Dami walking into the kitchen.

      I picked her up and sat her down on the kitchen counter.

   "Good morning baby".
    "Morning momma,you haven't answered my question though".she pouted I smiled at how cute she is and kissed her forehead

      "Because I had to make breakfast for you and your dad".she scrunched her nose up and was about to roll her eyes.

"What did I say about rolling your eyes?" I asked in a stern voice.
"That it's rude"
  "And rude girls don't get what?"
  "Rude girls don't get Candy's" she said with her head down.

    I lift her head up and kissed her cheeks."I don't want you rolling your eyes baby it's not nice".
     "Okay mommy"she smiled

     "Let's get you ready for school princess"
"Yayyyyy school" she said in a bored tone making me laugh at her silliness.

     "You're supposed to love school"
     "Yeah right if I was the teacher".she sassed. I looked at her surprised.

      "And why is that?" I asked
      "Cos I get to boss kids around and put them on time out" I chuckled.

this child.

       "And possibly eat their food".she said stroking her chin and nodding her head.

     "You'd be a very....."
      "Awesome teacher" she completed and started bowing and blowing kisses to the fake audience. i dragged her with me to the bathroom to get her ready before Maurice ruin our morning. These little moments with Dami makes me believe I still have hope

     And I will make sure I get my baby out of this hell we call a house even if I have to die to save her from her father I will. but deep down I know it would be very hard to leave and I'm scared because if something goes wrong I would be dead for real

      Maurice doesn't know I work and I plan to keep it that way till I make enough money to take my baby out of this shit hole. we can't go back to Nigeria because  it would be alot easier to find us there. so I plan on going to France or spain or anywhere with a cheap cost of living, so that we can be able to manage with the little money left before I get a job.

        I put her little curls in two and did her edges(I definitely did this shit).

      "I look like a bad bitch" I turned my head faster than the speed of light almost spraining my neck in process to look at her,she was looking at me grinning.

         "Where did you learn that word from?" I asked

    "From Maurice who else?"she sassed.

      "Girl fix that attitude of yours before your butt feels the wrath of my belt" this child tryna make me beat her ass.

     "I'm sorry for letting Maurice influence me, momma" she said  trying to look innocent but I know better.

    "Why are you calling your father, Maurice?".

    "That's his name,isn't it?"she asked walking up to me to collect her shoes.

     "Yeah it's his name,but you're not supposed to call him by his name. You're supposed to call him dad or daddy".

     "And you're supposed to call him sweetheart or honey or even babe. lets just say.....I picked it up from you." she said with a creepy smile. The things this child says shocks me sometimes

    "Who said I'm supposed to call him that?."

    "My teacher" She said trying to tie her shoes. i bent down and helped her out.

    "Well she's clearly dumb". I mumbled but of course she heard.

     "EXACTLYYY!!" she clapped.

    "You just said the word i think everyday,when you take me to school to meet that woman. She's dumb soooo I don't see the need for me to go there everyday." she said dusting the imaginary dust off her jacket as she stood up.

      "Well if you want to be a teacher and eat kids food like you said,you have to endure her...."

   "Dumbness? slowness?unactive-ness? I can go on". She said staring at her self in the mirror.

      "VANESSA!!"

"Ughhhh" I groaned making Dami giggled behind me as I walked out the room.

     Maurice better not start anything this morning I'm not in the mood for his nonsense and I don't want to drop Dami off with a broken rib or a black eye.

      "I saved you the stress of plating the food. it's getting cold you guys should come sitdown"  Maurice said and he was even smiling this dude really is bipolar. i put Dami in her chair and went to sit beside maurice.

    "Good morning Vanessa how was your night?" Maurice asked already shoving food into his mouth. i gave him a 'what do you think' look.

He put his hands in the air like he was surrendering. "I was just trying to be nice,but you always have to be a bitch and ruin everything." He said and then touched dami's hand

     "I'm sorry baby. your mom is always acting like a cun- cat. she's always acting like a stupid cat. im sorry for using bad words baby."

     "It's okay Dad" she gave him a tight lipped smile and turned to face me and rolled her eyes. i smiled and shook my head.

    After breakfast I cleared the table and did the dishes.

    "Dami let's go" I said to my four year old who was playing with her jacket. she got up and followed me out of the house to my car.

    I put her in the car seat and then drove to her school. hopefully Maurice would be gone before I get back.

        ...........................................

A/N:do you guys think this book is  good? Should I continue?