chapter 30

Petra's pov:

   I was driving home, I saw one of my car parked at the side of my house. Which was surprising, because my driver's knows very well to not leave my car's outside my house.

   I shrugged it off and drove into my house. I started having this strange feeling but I shrugged it off again.

    Finally I'm home, I miss Vanessa and that little bundle of joy so fucking muchhhh.

  I walked into the house with a bag of mc Donald on both hands one for Dami like I promised her and one just Incase Vanessa wanted some.

   I walked into the house and it was quieter than usual. This is strange.

   There's always some sort of noise when Dami is around. Or did mom decide Dami should sleep at her house again today?.

    I walked up the stairs to her room. But she wasn't there. And the bed was still made.

   Maybe she's in Vanessa' room. I walked to Vanessa' room and opened the door. There's was nobody there and the bed was also made.

   I'm having a very bad feeling about this. I walked to her bathroom in hopes that she would be there. But she wasn't.

    Has she- no I don't think so, maybe she's in my room.

   I walked to my room putting on a bright smile. My face fell when I found it empty also, I walked to the bathroom praying she's there. But still there's no sign of her.

    It's 6pm where could she possibly be?!

   I took my phone and dialed my mom's number. She answered after the second ring.

         "Mom, is Vanessa and Dami at your house?" I asked in a shaky voice. I was scared for the first time in my entire life.

   "No they're not with me baby, what happened Petra?" My mom asked worriedly.

   "I can't find them mom. I lost them, I promised Vanessa that I would never let anything happen to her again. But I failed mom. I failed them both." I cried hysterically.

   "You didn't fail them baby, let's not jump into conclusions yet. I'm coming to your house right now with Laurel." She said and hung up

   I stared at my phone blankly and the decided to call my best friend to tell her what happened.

     I called her. My voice was shaky from my tears. She said she would be here in a minute.

   I slid down the wall and hugged my knees tightly crying my eyes out.

    I failed the one person I promised to protect. I failed her.

      "You're a failure! I am ashamed to call you my daughter. You disgust me. Laurel would make a better leader. You're a weakling. It would have been better if you were flushed down the toilet.youre my biggest mistake. You would forever fail the people around you"

   My late father's words kept replaying in my head, the night I was supposed to kill the son of his rival.

   I was so scared when I was given the gun to kill a man two times my age. When I was just 16.

   I was pushed in the middle of a cross fire. When my father's men started going down. He asked me to kill the man so that the rest of the gang would retreat. I was shaking so bad, I had only a week of training. He stood in the corner and pushed his child in front of guns.

   The police quickly got to the location making them all retreat. I was so terrified to the point I couldn't move.

   Everyone escaped leaving me behind, even my father. I was arrested by the police. But my grandmother bailed me out.