chapter 39

Petra's pov:

       Maddy took me to my favorite restaurant in an attempt to cheer me up. She even bought me my favorite cheese burger  and a strawberry milkshake.

   I don't know why Maddy wants me to come outside, I don't see what the fuss is all about. Everything is still dull. Even my cabin is much more fun. Okay that's a big lie. But still! I still enjoyed the peace and quiet.

   Nothing seems fun anymore. Even the food taste bland, the milkshake is gross. Ughhhh!!

   "You've been huffing and puffing since we got here. Why is that?"

   "I don't wanna be outsideee" I whined, taking a sip from the gross milkshake.

   "You promised to spend 2 hours with me it's just 20 minutes." She said rolling her eyes.

  "20 minutes? You sure? Lemme see" I said snatching her phone from her hand.

  "Can't you check the time on your own phone" she said snatching it back. But I got a glimpse of the photo sent by Laurel. She was wearing a black Lacy underwear.  Yuck

   "I left my phone on my night stand at home, because there was no use of it at the cabin..... And you guys are soooo gross."

  "Oh shutup! She's so sexy." What the fuck?

   "No the fuck she isn't" I said cringing.

   "Do you like the food?" She asked ignoring what I said

   "No. The cheeseburger tastes like sweaty dick."

   "How do you know what a sweaty dick taste like?"

   "Don't ask me how- oh no.....this is why I didn't want to come outside." I said sinking in my chair.

   "What is it?"

   "It's Dami teacher. She's probably gonna ask why Dami hasn't been going to school. When she gets here, tell her I'm dead." I said sinking more into the chair.

     The woman approached us with a really guilty look on her face. I looked at Maddy who had a confused look on her face.

    "Uhmm.... I know you guys might be looking for Dami. I'm surprised y'all didn't come to the school to look for her-

   "Wait, hol up. What are you getting at?" I asked sitting back upright.

  "I'm really really sorry, my ex-boyfriend told me he was Dami's uncle and that Vanessa doesn't want anything to do with him because they had a clash and that he really wanted to take her out for a while that he would bring her back before school dismiss. He said he missed her so much. I didn't ask how he knows I'm Dami's teacher. Because I was blindly in love with him. After I give Dami to him, i realized that I shouldn't have done it. So I called him to bring her back. But the number wasn't connecting. I tried and tried but it still wasn't connecting. So I took permission to leave and went to his house only to see that his apartment was empty. I  wanted to-

    "Wait, wait so you're trying to tell me her mother wasn't the one who picked her up?" I asked my anger spiking up.

  "No she wasn't. It was my ex-boyfriend and I was surprised you guys didn't come to the school to say anything about her missing."

  "Shutup!" Maddy screamed at her.

   "So you gave my child to a stranger just because.he said he's her uncle?" I asked annoyed. My anger rising up. God im so gonna kill this woman.

  "Why didn't you say anything" I growled at the scared woman.

  "I- I thought you guys had it all figured out" she said at the verge of crying. I stood up and dragged her towards the car with Maddy following behind.

   I don't think I can keep my cool anymore. I pushed her into the back seat and got to the driver's seat, Maddy came moments later and handed me the car keys. All the while the bitch was crying in the backseat. I haven't even done anything yet and she's already crying.

   I drove to my house and dragged her with me to my living room. I walked upstairs and collected my gun from my safe before walking back downstairs to see Maddy slapping the hell out of the petrified woman.

   "This bitch only knew him for two weeks!! but she happily gave her student to him. Saying she 'loves' him. Are you really that stupid?" Maddy said slapping her hard on the same cheek.

   "Why didn't you inform us when he didn't return the child?" I asked turning off the safety.

  "You- you're not gonna shoot me right? That's a toy right?"

  "Should we try it out to see if it's a toy or a real gun?"

   "No, no, no, no" she said shaking her head
  "Yes!" I smiled deviously and shot her ankle. She screamed in pain. Crying like the bitch she is.

  "Now answer the question I asked you before the next bullet go through your thighs."

  "I was scared. I didn't want to lose my job. That's why I kept quiet and lied to the principal that Dami mother took her back to Nigeria. So he wouldn't call to ask why the child has been absent. I felt guilty when I saw how you were today. That's why I came to tell you what I know." She cried out.

   "You felt guilty? Bitch you aided the kidnap of my daughter and her mother, if my instincts are right. Just count yourself dead." I said leaving her once again to my room to look for my cell phone. I found it on my night stand. I tried turning it on but Its dead.

   So I plugged it in and went back down. Maybe Vanessa didn't actually leave me she was kidnapped. That would mean my mom was right all along. Or am I just saying this because I want to believe that Vanessa was kidnapped and that letter was from the kidnappers not her.

   But anyways. I'm sure she would have tried to contact me. I just don't know why I feel this way,But I have a strong feeling that she isn't alright.

   I got to the living room. Maddy was asking her questions, when she didn't answer them she would put her foot on the woman's injured ankle. I smiled at the sight.

   "The guys told her his name was Duke Thompson, which is obviously a lie.....But get this,He isn't on social media, she doesn't know where he works, his apartment only had few things. He took drugs but he 'promised' her that he would stop. He refused being in any form of photos or videos with her. Because he's 'camera shy', no car no nothing." I got really angry and launched towards her punching the shit out of her face.

     If she was kidnapped, I bet they would have tried to contact me. But my dumb ass left my phone to die.

    I got up from her and went back upstairs to take my phone Maddy was following behind me. The woman was laying limp on the floor.

   I turned my phone on. To see notifications from hundred of texts and missed calls from a Nigerian number.

   The texts were from three different account.one was Vanessa's. I opened it and read all the messages sent by Vanessa and there was also a video of her explaining and crying about how her kidnap was planned by her father and Maurice.

    That bastard! He's gonna die this time around. No wonder we couldn't find him. He ran back to Nigeria. Why didn't the thought of him being in Nigeria cross my mind? I've fucked up pretty bad.

   My heart hurt at the sight before me. She looked like she hasn't slept in day , her eyes were red and puffy.

    My mom was right. I wished I had listened to my mom. I would have brought her back. Who knows what she's been up to.

   "Petra, the messages stopped after one week." Maddy said in a low voice

  I looked at the text and she was right.

    I hope she isn't in some kind of danger. My heart was racing at the thought of her being tortured  by that monster maurice.

     I'm gonna get Vanessa back from the hands of those monsters.