chapter 4**

⚠️Tw mentions of rape and abuse ahead⚠️

VANESSA'S POV:
I walked into the house praying Maurice is not home. i will at least have some time to rest before he beats me for someone hitting my car.

"Where the hell are you coming from Vanessa?."

"From Dami's school." I said hoping he would leave it at that

"Do you think I'm stupid? Taking Dami to school and returning home shouldn't take more than an hour so where the fuck did you go to Vanessa?."

"I promise I went no where, after dropping Dami I walked out of the school and found out someone hit my car. I was settl-" I was cut off with an ear deafening slap that made tears stream down my face

"You think I'm a fool? you've gone out to whore yourself to every man out there isn't it? Isn't that why you're wearing this skinny Jeans that makes your ass more fat?."

I didn't answer him because he was being unreasonable as usual just looking for a way to beat on me.

"ANSWER ME WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU!!." He grabbed my hair and slammed my face into the couch.

At this point my silent cries had turned into screams. he slapped my face hard again and glared at me. I took this as a sign to reduce my voice.

He grabbed my neck and forcefully kiss me. I know where this was leading to so I started pounding his shoulder so that he would release me.

This got him angry,he pushed me to the ground then straddled my waist and punched my chest thrice. I was coughing uncontrollably while he just chuckled darkly

"I own you bitch and I'm gonna have my way with you whenever and however I want it and you're gonna like it you filthy excuse of a woman." with that he grabbed my hair and dragged me to the bedroom.

He slammed me on the bed and asked me to undress him quickly,which I did. he pushed me till i got on my knees.

Slamming his dick into my mouth without warning making more tear fall from my eyes after cuming in my mouth and forcing me to swallow.

He pushed my naked body on the bed. he immediately slammed himself into me. i immediately screamed in pain and begged him to stop he refused and shove his fingers down my throat making me choke.

"What did I tell you? I told you I will have my way with you and you're gonna like it now tell me to fuck you like the slut you are. MOAN FOR ME" He finally removed his fingers from my mouth urging me to talk but I didn't.

He slapped me and wrapped his fingers around my throat, choking the living daylight out of me.

"TELL ME WHORE!!!."
"Fuck me like the slut I am."I cried out wanting this to be over

"Good." It didn't take long for him to cum inside of me he slide himself out and look at me in disgust and spat on me.

He then gather his clothes, putting them back on.

"I'm gonna fix your car,find a way to get Dami home and my child better not stay a minute more than she's supposed to in that school or else you will get a lot more than this but it's just gonna be beatings, I'm not gonna give you the pleasure of being fucked you whore."

With that being said he left me to cry and yell in my pillow in pain. i got up from the bed feeling the pain in between my legs and all over my body as i wobbled to the bathroom and ran a hot bath and just sat there.

I got up after the water got cold. I felt a little bit of relief when I got up so I walked to the supply cabinet to get drugs for the pain and took them. as I was about to walk out of the bathroom I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror

I saw my face was bruised with hand prints on both side and bruises on my chest and arms. A tear fell from my eyes.

Why does life got to be so unfair? What did I ever do to deserve this?.

Getting married is the biggest milestone in a woman's life they said,it brings respect and honour to you and your family they said, but this marriage had brought me nothing but tears and pains

My whole life I have always dreamt about marrying MrRight. now I know there's nothing like a MrRight like we were forced to believe when we were young.

Men are just a bunch of haphazardly gathered thrash. they come and promise to treat you better than your ex did, but they end up being your worst night mare after giving them the chance to enter into your life.

I wish I had stayed single and said no to Maurice advances. I would have been better off single with a sense of security in my own home than be married,with no security in my own matrimonial home

Life Why have you decided to be so unkind to me? I'm still grateful though, because I get to be called Mom by the most amazing and smart 4yr old.

I sighed and went into the room and set my alarm to Dami's pickup time. I still got work today.

I know you might be thinking..... "what if Maurice comes home?" But Maurice is never at home till 12 or 1 midnight so I'm good and the manager at my work place is so nice.

She lets Dami sit in the workers lounge till my shift is over all I got to do is give Dami my phone,some drinks and snacks and she stays put till I'm done.

Then I go home and make dinner for us or we order when I'm too tired to cook.

After setting the alarm I slept praying I get strength to work my shift today.

Thanks alot for reading my book