chapter 12

Vanessa' pov:

         I woke up and around me. The whole room was white. I closed my eyes and re opened them,everywhere was still white.

     Wait.....did I die? I won't be surprised if I was dead. No! I can't be dead. My baby,I can't leave her in the hands of that monster.

      "You gave your daughter you phone so she can call the police on me? You want me to rot in jail? But guess what. I'm gonna kill you,your bastard child and her. I was gonna spare her,but she decided to be useless just like you."

     Maurice words replayed in my head.

   Oh my God! I hope he didn't kill her.

   I started hearing beeping noises and a faint voice calling the doctors before passing out again.

Petra pov:

         The doctors just left. They said everything was fine with her.

   She was just in shock that's why her heart rate sped up.

     They said she will wake up anytime soon.

    I'm so grateful for this news cos she has been out for a week. I've been here with her ever since.

     Maddy brings me change of clothes. She stays with me sometimes. If it wasn't for her,I would have lost it already.

    Dami has been living with my mom. But Maddy brings her over to visit sometimes. I'm surprised my mom didn't ask any questions when I brought a child to her house.

    If anything,she adores her. I haven't told my mom about Vanessa. But I thinks she knows about my feelings for her.

    She isn't saying anything,which is good. So I guess she approves of it.

   Even if she didn't approve. I would still be with Vanessa. So I don't think she has a choice.

     Dami is currently with her grandma. That's what she calls my mom.

    My mom was so happy when she called her that.

     Maurice is still missing. My men can't seem to find him, he's really good at hiding I must say,like there's no trace of him at all.

    He must have people helping him. But we can't seem to find people associated with him. Everything just leads to a dead end.

   But I won't rest till he's dead.theres a man outside Vanessa' room just in case. I don't want that monster coming in to finish what he started.

       The door opened revealing Maddy in her work attire and an overly hyper Dami.

    She immediately ran to me and hug me.

    "How are you miss Petra?"she asked with her little voice.

    "I'm fine princess. Did you stress my best friend?"

     "No I didn't. She's stressed because she's just coming back from work silly."she said and I nodded my head in understanding.

     "Your mom woke up for a bit today." I told her. Her face immediately lit up. She ran to her mother's side and touched her hands.

        "Mommy please wake up, I miss you." Dami said stroking her mother's hand.

    "B- baby you're okay." I looked up to see a tears brimming in Vanessa eyes- wait Vanessa?

   I rushed to her side and pressed the nurses button.

     Dami has already climbed into the bed hugging her mother crying. Vanessa was also crying.

   I just stood there shifting from one feet to another. I was kinda nervous.

   "Petra?" She croaked out.
  "Hey love." I said smiling at her.

  "How come you're here?" She asked still hugging her child tightly.

   "She was the one who saved you Mommy." Dami said sitting up.

    "Why?"

    "Because I promised your daughter that I will get you guys out of there, And I did.im very sorry i came a lil bit late, thank goodness you're fine now." I said walking sitting on the other side of her bed.

    "What about Maurice. Has he been arrested?"

   "No,he got away. I'm sorry mama. I said looking down. I feel like I failed her.

    It's okay Petra. It's not your fault. You saved my life and I'm very grateful for that. Thank you very much." She said holding my hands. Her warm hand fit perfectly in mine I stared down at our hands then at her face. Her face had fading bruises and her eyes were red.

    My poor baby. She looks so weak.

   "You guys should wait aside. While we run a check up on her." The nurse said closing the door behind her. Bitch I pressed that button years ago. How come you're coming now.

    I nodded and gave Vanessa a kiss on her forehead. Then took Dami hand and walked out the room not before glaring at the nurse, telling me to wait outside and shit.

   "Petra can you stop?" Vanessa said chuckling.oops she caught me.

    I gave her a tight lipped smile and walk out slamming the door a little bit.

    "Hoe" I muttered stomping towards the vending machine with Dami holding tightly to my hand.