chapter 8

Vanessa's pov:

         I've been feeling tired and nauseous lately.i can't seem to keep food in my stomach.

    I hope it's not what I'm thinking....but the doctors said it would be hard for me to conceive again.

     No! I can't be pregnant.i can't bring a child into this world in my current situationi.i have to check first.maybe it's a flu.

    I drove to a store and bought 3 different pregnancy test kit,just to be sure.

      I got home and went straight to the bathroom.maurice hasn't been home for a week now and I'm so grateful for that,the house has been quiet.the last time I saw him,was the day he  dropped my car.which is a week ago,I didn't bother calling him.i could care less if he ended up dead behind a dumpster in an alley way.

    I already peed on the three stick.im waiting for my timer to go off.

    DING!....okay it's time.

     Deep breaths Vanessa, deep breaths.its just a test,you might be wrong.fuck,who I'm I kidding.the symptoms are all there.

   I took the test anddddd I was right I'm pregnant.i stared at the stick for a long time before feeling tears rolling down my cheeks.

    Why now? Why now? I continued crying my eyes out.

    Do I take Dami and just leave now that Maurice is not around.but where do I go to?

   I thought for a while before concluding.

   I can't stay here not now that I'm pregnant.my life is at stake here,Maurice wont care if  I'm pregnant or not.he would still continue torturing me.

    I got up quickly packed my bags taking only the things I truly need.i went to Dami's room and packed her's.i've decided to stay at an hotel for the mean time and look for a new job.when I have saved up to the money I need to travel.then I'll leave.but right now I have to leave this house,I quickly took the bags to the car and locked the door to the house.

    I looked up cheapest hotels far from where I here and I got the perfect one,Royal blue hotel.

    I drove down to Dami's school and picked her up and started driving to the hotel.

    "Mommy you're going the wrong way,that's not the way home."

    "Baby we're not going home"I told her calmly.
     "Why?"

    "Because- you know how you've always told me,we should leave that house and go far away?"

    "Yes.are we going away?"

     "Yes sweetie"

    "Yayyyyyy.finally we don't have to be with Maurice anymore."she said doing a little dance in her car seat.I laughed at how funny she looked doing the dance.

    "Is it miss Petra that told you to leave?"she asked.why is she mentioning her name? What does Petra has to do with us going away.

     "What do you mean?" I asked curiously

    "Well...she came to my school one day and asked about daddy.i told her everything,she promised to help us get out of the house and she said she would make daddy pay for hitting you."I only nodded my head.

    What is wrong with that girl.she's now stalking me? How dare her ask about my home life.i gripped the steering wheel tightly already angry at her behaviour or should I call it obsession.

    She's so fucking unbelievable.i can't even get mad at her for some fucking reason.

    That stupid smile of hers keeps fucking playing in my head,.uuggghhhh.... Petra!! Ughhhh.

   "Mommy? Are you okay?"I turned to look at dami.who was looking at me.i hope I haven't been saying those stuff out loud.

    "Yes.im fine"

     "Okay,where are we going?"she asked

    "To an hotel"
    "Is it far?"

    "Yes baby.you should probably sleep,I will wake you up when we get there.she immediately yawned and slept off.

     Leaving me in my thoughts.this is going to be the beginning of a new chapter for me,Dami and my unborn baby.