chapter 38

Maddy's pov:

     I got into my house after my usual morning run. I walked to the kitchen and found Laurel sitting on the kitchen counter, with coffee in her hand.

    "You leaving so soon?"  I asked standing in between her legs.

    "Yes, I have to. Somebody has to run the company you know.?" She said sighing.

    "I know baby. Are you coming over tonight?"

   "I don't kno-

   "Please baby. We don't have to do anything, just come through. We can just cuddled."

   "Alright. What will you be doing today?"

   "I will be paying your sister a visit."

   "Goodluck with that. Babe I really have to go I was waiting for you to get here before I leave. I made coffee for you it's in the coffee maker." She said hoping down the counter.

   "No goodbye kiss?" I asked her, she smiled and walked over to give me a kiss, I deepened the kiss making her pull away quickly.

  "You tryna make me late?"

   "Would it be bad if you arrive a little late?"

   "Yes, yes it would. Now bye." She said and gave me a quick peck before leaving.

     Laurel has been running the company since Petra decided to exclude herself from the outside world.

    It has been two months since Vanessa left. Petra hasn't gone out since the day she killed a guy at a bar.

   Pam literally had to pay a huge some of money to make sure nobody ever found out that Petra killed the guy.

     Cass was the one who brought her back home. Because she was high as fuck. After that day. She closed herself off.

   She isn't at her house. But I know where she is.

   It's been two whole months, she needs to get over it and live her life. Because I'm damn sure that Vanessa is somewhere living her life.

   It really hurts me to see my friend back in that state where she feels worthless.

    I know she's at her cabin. I was just giving her some space to herself. But enough is enough. I'm dragging her out today. I miss my best friend.

    I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I didn't want to do much today so I just put on a red tracksuit and I wore my red and black Jordans. I took my phone, car keys, and walked then head out.

(At Petra's cabin)

     I knocked on the door for minutes before she finally opened the door for me.

   "What are you doing here?"

    "Can I come in? Please?" She sighed and stepped aside for me to go in before she closed the door.

    The cabin was so dark, all the windows were closed the lights were off.

   I walked to the windows and opened them. She really out here living like a vampire.

    "Close them back!" She yelled from the kitchen

     I walked to where she was and took a really good look at her. She was wearing a ugly dress that is way too small for her and her hair was wild and untamed.

   "When was the last time you showered?" I asked the girl who was busy making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

    "Did you come here just to tell me I smell? You can leave if it's bothering you. It's not like you were invited here in the first place." She said still focus on her sandwich.

    "That's not what I came here for. And I didn't say that because you were smelling, it's because you look unkept"

    "That's none of your business Madison. I'm not in the mood for whatever brought you here." She said taking a bite out of her sandwich.

    "Petra?"

   "What"

    "Don't you think it's time to go back to your life? Your company needs you, your mom needs you, Laurel needs you, I need you."

   "Doesn't seem like it. Cos y'all have been doing great without me. I'm totally fine here."

   "Bullshit Petra. We've been giving you space to deal with your heartbreak the best way you can. But it's obvious you're not ready to move on any time soon."

   "Move on? Do you think it's easy to just move on? I loved that girl Maddy. I loved her so fucking much. If she had told me to jump off a roof, I would have. If she had asked me to wait for her in a burning house I would have, Maddy. That's to tell you how deeply in love I was with her. So I just can't move on and act like I wasn't madly in love with her or that letter didn't shatter my whole heart." She said crying

   I walked to her and hugged her as she cried into my chest.

   "I'm trying Maddy, I'm trying to forget her. But I keep seeing her in my dreams. I see her every where Maddy, I can't go back to my house, Maddy they are so much memories of her there.its impossible to forget her" She cried out.

   "I understand you Petra. But you need to come out of this place. You've been indoors for 2 whole months Petra. You're even wearing a dress. Look how thin you are. How have you been feeding?"

   "I don't need food Maddy, I want her back even tho I know it's impossible. She's all I need." She said sniffing.

   I feel so sorry for her.

"Can you at least come have lunch with me today? I promise to bring you back when things gets too overwhelming. Please"

"I don't know Maddy, the last time I went out I killed a man."

  "just for an hour or two. Please, just do it for me. I miss you." I pouted hoping she'd agree.

   She nodded her head in agreement making me do a victory dance.

  "Girl stop doing that ugly dance."  She pushed my head and then walked away to where I assume to be her room.

   "Do you even have anything to wear?" I ask her

   "I could just wear this one u have on" she said brushing her tangled hair.

   "Wait- make me understand. Do you mean this thing on your body Right now?"

  "Yes" she said holding the edge of the dress and doing a little twirl.

   "Are you insane?! You want to step out of this place with that hideous piece of clothing?"

   "Godddd..... You should have seen your face." She said laughing and pointing at my face.

  I glared at her and sat her bed.

   "Go shower and put on something nice."

   "Fine! But I'm not staying more than two hours."  She said walking into the bathroom.

    She finally stepped out of the bathroom after what felt like years.

   "Girl why did you take so long"

   "Weren't you the one that said I was smelling? I had to take extra time. So your big mouth won't make anymore rude comments."

   "I didn't say you were smelling" I said to Petra who was walking around naked.

   "Can u please put on some clothes?"

   "Don't you know how to close your eyes when someone is naked?.... Hoe" I rolled my eyes, ignoring what she said.