chapter 33

Vanessa' pov:

      "Good, cos we have guest joining us soon. On cue the door open to reveal Mrs Florence Daminabo a.k.a my demon mother in law.

    She walked in with her face scrunched up. She is literally the definition of a old bitch. The amount of lipstick on her mouth could last me for a year.

    She stepped aside and a smirking Maurice walked in. Motherfucker shaved his hair off.  He looked like a fucking nut sack.

   He left his mother side and started approaching me. Memories of what he had done to me, made me sink into the chair hugging my legs against my chest.

   "Hey wifey" he grinned with so much mischief in his voice.

   I started shaking a little bit. All this time I didn't think I would see him ever again. But now that he's here I'm relieving my nightmare over and over again.

   "You seem a little bit shaky there. Is the demon finally leaving you, now that I'm here." The idiot said again.

  I'm literally having a panic attack and everyone is just sitting as if everything is okay. I started doing a breathing exercise I saw on YouTube. To help me breath.

   "Maurice dear. Why don't you leave that thing alone and come sit with me."

   " i would not have you call my daughter a 'thing' in my house." My mother angrily said to the old bitch.

    "Daughter? You call that one a child? She is a disgrace, a sin-

   "If you don't have anything to say getout! I'm tired of you always thinking you're better than everyone else. The only reason you have the right to come in here is because you son is married to my daughter. I didn't call you here to start calling my daughter names."

    "Oh please Loveth, you should be happy I'm in the little cage you call a house. And if it was up to me.... My son wouldn't have married a whore turned homosexual in the first. I warned you not to marry her Maurice. But you just didn't listen-"

(A/N: Loveth is Vanessa' mother's name)

  "Mom, please can you not start? Let's do what you came here to do. And stop calling my wife names." Maurice said cutting his mother off.

   "Wait- Stop calling your wife names? Dude you literally called me all sort of names, you even invented new names to call me." I spat angrily at the monster who was still at my side. He looked at me angrily, I know that look in his eyes. It's the look he has on any time he wants to hit me.

    "Vanessa keep quiet! That's the reason he always beats you. Because you're rude and you keep talking back to him. He was defending you, when he had no reason to. You're lucky he still wants you as his wife after what you did." My father spat angrily.

    "Want me? No, no, no. Dad I don't want to go back to him. Please Mom I'm begging you. I rather remain single. I'm not going back to him. I want a divorce. I can't dad I can't." I cried out uncontrollably. My mom came to my side and hugged me consoling me.

   "No child of mine would be a divorcee. He has come for you and your child, now you must go to him." My father said adamantly.

   "Mom please talk to him" I begged my mom. I looked up to Maurice and saw a smirk on his face.

   I'm definitely gonna die for real this time.

  "Sweetheart please let's listen to her. Maybe give he-

  "Silence woman! I have said what I have to say. She is going with him either she likes it or not. That would be the only way this shame she has brought to us, would go away. If you say any more word in this matter I will send you packing to your Father's house. Because if you didn't raise her in the wrong way when I was at work.working my ass off. She wouldn't have turned out to be a disgrace.." my father said making my mother immediately shut her mouth.

    "Maurice. I won't be going back to you. Never in this life, you and your mother can go burn in hell. I will be bringing a divorce papers to you." I said cleaning my eyes it time I start fighting for myself. Cos no one is gonna do it.

  "You will not be staying in my house. If you decide not to leave with him."

   "Fine by me. I don't want to live here anyways. Aunty faith im coming with you to your house." I said to my aunty who had been quiet all through the evening.

    Like me she's the black sheep of her family. Just because she didn't agree to marry any of the men they pick for her to get married to. She's still single and living her life happily.

  She's such a smart strong willed woman. I always wanted to be like her when I was little. But unfortunately life had other plans for me.

   "Get Damilola let's leave." She said standing up. And giving my mother a disappointed look.

   I called Dami from the kids playroom. She came running to me. She stopped in her track when she saw him.

  "Mommy what is Maurice doing here?" She asked

   "Don't worry about him. He's not our problem anymore."

  "You can't just take my grand daughter like that Vanessa. You want a divorce because you think you can take from my son's wealth but i will make sure to ruin you and your family and that daughter of yours, will be in our custody." Florence said with so much venom. That I was a little bit scared because she was very rich and powerful.

   She got married to some rich white investor. But the man died of 'strange' causes. A month later she got married to Maurice's father who was a politician. He died as soon as Maurice was born. He also died of 'strange' causes. Those men left so much wealth for her.

   So I'm legit scared.

  "Florence. Let's see if you're gonna be running your mouth when your dear son gets arrested." My aunt faith said smirking and held Dami as we walked out of the house.