Veronica Sawyer- JD: Part 2 (c)

Heathers The Musical One Shot

As soon as you heard the backdoor open and slam, you turned your attention back to the door that seemed to loom tall over your crumpled form on the floor.

"Y/N," You heard Veronica call from outside.

She jiggled the handle and realising it was open, entered your home as she had done many times in your long-lasting friendship, but she was greeted by something that she had never seen before.

"What happened?" She exclaimed, dropping the snacks she had brought over for movie night, kneeling beside you.

You gave her a pained smile. "I told you that JD was bad news."

She paused for a second before realisation washed over her.

"JD did this?" He asked.

You nodded your head, still trying to hold pressure to your wound to slow the gushes of blood that escaped you.

"He didn't want me getting between you."

Veronica grabbed the phone from the wall, stretching the wire down to her on the floor. She dialled 911 and asked for an ambulance, detailing your injuries and keeping the phone receiver pressed between her ear and shoulder.

"Veronica," you croaked, starting to feel weak from the blood loss. "If I die..."

She shook her head at you, gently brushing your hair out of your face, stopping it from clinging to your sweat clad skin.

"You're not dying," she smiled softly. "You aren't going to die on me."

You let out a weak laugh. You hoped it was true. You hoped you weren't going to die but you didn't know if that would be the case due to the amount of blood that was escaping you.

"I don't blame you," you whispered. "I don't blame you for not believing me at first, for pushing me away."

"I was trying to keep you safe, but I couldn't even do that right. I thought he wouldn't hurt you if I made it seem like you weren't onto him, but I never thought he would actually do this."

You took a deep breath, trying to make sure you didn't expel too much energy or move enough that it exasperated the pain that coursed through you.

"He's a sick bastard," you said. "And no matter what happens to me, please make sure he gets what he deserves."

Veronica nodded her head. "I can't help him anymore, I don't care if I get convicted, I can't let him get away with it any longer."

She stayed by your sides, assuring you that it was going to be okay until the ambulance arrived, taking you to the hospital to do all they could to help you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.