Anna of Cleves- Palace (c)

Six The Musical One Shot

The last time you had seen Anna she was technically the Queen of England but now she was divorced and homed in a palace that wasn't hers until her marriage was annulled. Even though she had moved to England to marry King Henry, she was living a better life than she ever would have in that marriage. He had given her a lot of money and land, letting her have a new life in London as an independent woman, a life that you could only dream of, knowing you would soon be wed to a man whom you were unlikely to love and also be unlikely to have any joy with. You would just have to live vicariously through your friend.

You arrived at her palace in Richmond, amazed by the beauty of it, also shocked by how lucky she was to have received such a lavish home due to an unsuccessful marriage. Anna was in a large drawing room, enjoying her new home, when you joined her.

"I will likely be a joke to many, never able to find another man to marry me. No one shall see me as more than the King's seconds, someone whom was unworthy of his hand," she shrugged, rather uncaring about the words she said even though for most women that would destroy them.

It was a harsh world where women were forced to have their worth measured by men. If she hadn't been given money and land, she would likely fall into poverty, unlikely to find another man who would want to marry her after someone as respectable as the King had annulled their marriage.

"How will you ever survive?" You joked, gesturing to the room around her.

Anna dramatically moved the reverse of her hand to her forehead. "It will be a hardship I am sure," she chuckled. "I survived that marriage though, no matter how short lived it was. Nothing is worse than being married to him."

You nodded your head in agreement. Even if he was the King, it didn't mean that he wasn't an arse.

"It was certainly a blessing in disguise. You ended up far better off than if you had stayed married to him. You have more than anyone could imagine from a woman whom is the ex-wife of the King," you stated.

"I never thought I'd be able to say that I am happy to never have to be married. I never did want to get married, but I never thought that I would be able to survive without a husband," she shrugged.

"You have everything you could have ever wanted."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.