P.T. Barnum- Bouquet (c)

The Greatest Showman One Shot

Being in love with a man was never the easiest thing bit it was certainly a lot harder when you had absolutely no chance with him. The man whom you had fallen in love with though was the man whom had previously been on a date with your elder sister along with being the man whom your sister was desperately in love with. You couldn't admit to Charity that you were in love with the same man, it would only hurt everyone involved; instead you would have to stay silent and likely be the maid of honour to their wedding. Charity was caring and loving and all you wanted was her happiness, if you could stop loving Phineas you would but your heart longed for him.

When a knock came to your front door, you doubted it would be anyone for you but with your parents out and Charity up in her room, you opened the door. There stood Phineas, handsome as ever, a bouquet of flowers in his hand and a nervous smile upon his face. You tried your best to seem happy for him but knowing he would be asking for your sister, you struggled to continue to smile.

"Oh Phineas," you sighed, trying your best to hide how disappointed and upset the concept was making you. "I expect you are looking for Charity."

You felt beyond conflicted. Just seeing him made you beyond happy but knowing you had no chance with him, couldn't have made you feel any worse.

Phineas cocked an eyebrow at you, not knowing what you were talking about.

"Why would I be here to see Charity?" He questioned. "I am here to see you."

It felt as though your heart jumped up into your throat. Why would he be there for you? Was your dream of the two of you finally going to become true?

"Pardon?" You whispered, expecting that you had misheard him.

Even with him stood before you with flowers, you doubted heavily that he was actually there to tell you that he had feelings for you, however your hopes had never been higher.

He offered you a little laugh before holding out the bouquet to you. "I'm here to see you. I was wishing to ask to take you for a picnic. I understand Charity and I once courted however I have always enjoyed your company and you do truly make me happy."

You couldn't help the cheesy grin that curled onto your face.

"I would love that."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by 

Musicals Imagines and One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara