Michael Mell- Visit (c)

Be More Chill One Shot

Walking into the Mell's house without knocking or announcement had become a normal thing over the years. You had started as close friends with the son of the family, Michael, but friendship wasn't where either of you were happy with the relationship ending. You admitted your interest in him over a bottle of stolen alcohol that he had managed to borrow from his parents, attempting to offer the two of you an element of normalcy to your teenage years. With a little bit of liquid courage you were able to admit that you liked him a lot more than you should like a friend and luckily he felt the same, not that he was willing to ever admit that to anyone, especially you.

With a long time, friendship, his parents were happy to hear of the relationship blossoming and that only made you more like one of the family. You had dinner at their house most nights and would come and go as you pleased, in the same way that Michael would. Today was the same as any of those days. You let yourself into the house with your key, having seen his car outside but not either of his parents. Knowing him well, you knew he would be in his bedroom in the basement, not spending much time anywhere else in the house unless you encouraged interaction with his parents or for mealtimes.

You made your way into his room, seeing him sat on the edge of his bed, crossed legged, focused on the tv in front of him and the controller in his hand. Michael didn't acknowledge you, not even when you sat down beside him and fell backwards onto the bed so that you could lay down with your legs hanging off the end.

Playfully you nudged his arm. "Hey."

He looked at you out of the corner of his eye, offering you a gentle smile. "Hi."

Michael continued playing his game, finishing the fight he had been in and getting his character somewhere safe before pressing pause and putting the controller down beside him. He followed your suit, falling backwards onto the bed, to lay beside you.

"What do I owe this pleasure?" He questioned, draping a lazy arm over you, to hold you closer to him.

"It's Saturday," you shrugged. "I thought I'd come and see my favourite person and neglect the homework that's piled on my desk."

He let out a gentle laugh. "Video games today, homework tomorrow?"

You spent every weekend with him whether that was at his home or your own, so most of your schoolwork was done together.

"Sounds like a plan."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.