Wednesday Addams- Weird (c)

The Addams Family Musical One Shot

Wednesday had told you a lot about her family over the few months you had been dating. Overall, it was positive, and they seemed endearingly pleasant but that didn't mean you were any less nervous to meet them. It had become evident how important her family were to Wednesday, but she had yet to introduce you due to her insistence that they could be a little intense- in a good way. Finally, a time came that she felt that it was a good time to introduce you when she was heading home for a family dinner, and that left you with sweaty palms and a pounding in your chest.

You loved her gothic style and the way she spoke of her family and the family home; you could only imagine it all fit into the world of the macabre, something that you did not fit into quite as well. You weren't all sunshine and rainbows, but your wardrobe did strongly lack anything black past your work trousers and the one dress you had solely bought for your grandmother's funeral and couldn't wear again without thinking about her.

Even though Wednesday said she was going to pick you up to take you to her parents, you had turned up at her apartment two hours earlier still in your lazy home clothes.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. "I was coming to yours, wasn't I?"

You nodded your head. "I have nothing to wear, can I borrow something?"

She let you into her flat, cocking an eyebrow at you. You had a well-stocked wardrobe that covered every reasonable occasion you could possibly need to attend; other than going to meet Mr and Mrs Addams.

"Of course, but I don't understand why."

You let a sigh, running a hand through your hair, having managed to at least make that look presentable, even if your clothes looked like you had spent the last three years laying on your sofa.

"Everything I own makes me look like a toddler, from what you've told me about your family they are all mature and macabre. I can't go in dungarees or a strawberry dress."

Wednesday offered you a pleasant smile, reaching out to give your hand a gentle reassuring squeeze.

"It doesn't matter what you wear. Believe me, my family are in no position to judge you for your appearance."

"I'd just rather when they first meet me, I'm not so obviously an outsider. It would be easier to ease into them seeing my level of weird."

She shook her head. "If it would make you feel more comfortable, then you're welcome to use my wardrobe but as an Addams we embrace the weird."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.