Veronica Sawyer- Explosion (c)

Heathers The Musical One Shot

Seeing your best friend covered in soot and blood worried you more than anything, it completely wiped away the last few months.

You and Veronica had been best friends for most of your lives and you felt as though there wouldn't be anything that could get in the way of your friendship. The two of you were practically joined at the hip, even when she became a Heather, she made sure she kept time for you and had even told them no if their plans interfered with her plans with yours. Honestly it felt as though your friendship would be stronger than anything that the world could throw at you.

That was until Jason Dean came along. He was a transfer to your school, and he seemed rather odd in the dark and broody, possibly mass murderer kind of way. Veronica took a shine to him, although you had no idea why but after a conversation with him, she was almost completely lost to you. She spent almost every moment of her time with him if she wasn't with the Heathers and when you brought it up to her, she assured you that it wouldn't happen again- it happened again and again.

Three students killing themselves later, the school was trying to stay positive but even the pep rally lacked pep. People tried to have fun but when a loud explosion gained everyone's attention, you all rushed out onto the football field, people whispering about what caused it. You had no certainty, but the most common theory was the gas main exploding.

That was where you found Veronica, looking as though she had been close to the explosion but was still walking, even if there was a little limp. You instantly couldn't care about what had pushed the two of you apart, all you cared about was that she was okay.

"Veronica?" You shouted, rushing to her side. "Are you okay?"

"Just peachy," she sighed trying to wipe the muck off of her face.

You wrapped your arms around her, so glad that she was okay and just happy that she had the time of day to speak with you. If it meant you had to forget everything that had happened, you would, you were just glad to have her back.

"I'm sorry for putting you second," Veronica said. "JD won't be a problem anymore; all of my time is for my best friend now."

You gave her a warm smile. "I'm just glad to have you back."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.