Marius Pontmercy- Drunk: Part 2 (c)

Les Miserables One Shot

The next morning, you struggled to breath, nervous that the night before had been a dream. Since you had known Marius, you had been fond of him, he was a kind-hearted man with a sensible mind, two things that were rare to find, but you doubted that he would ever like you in return.

You had woken up before him and got him some water before returning to his bed, waking him up by sitting on the edge of his bed, shaking his leg until he woke up.

"What happened?" He croaked, rubbing his eyes as he sat up, clearly not happy to be welcoming the morning.

"You got very drunk Marius," you stated. "Drink some water, hopefully it will clear your head a bit."

He took the cup and drunk it all, wishing that he could go back to bed, but you weren't about to let him.

"May I ask you something?" You questioned, knowing you would regret it, but you needed an answer from him about it.

He nodded his head. "What is it Y/N?"

Marius could see the concern on your face, something that you rarely ever showed, not wanting to make him worry about it too.

"Last night you said something," you whispered, scared by your own words. "I just wanted to know if you meant it or if the wine was talking."

He paused, trying to think about what he could have said that would make you question him about it. No matter how he racked his brain, he couldn't think about what it was so cocked an eyebrow at you.

"What did I say?" He asked. "Did I say something that offended you? I can certainly tell you that I would not have meant such a thing."

You shook your head. "Nothing of the sort Marius. Quite the opposite actually."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Oh... um..." you hesitated, scared that you would lose a best friend, but needing an answer far more than you were nervous. "You mentioned that you loved me."

His cheeks flushed red as he took a moment to realise what he had said. You didn't know it was because he didn't mean it and now had to admit that to you, or that he did and didn't mean to tell you so soon.

"Did you mean it?" You asked.

After a couple more moments, he smiled to you.

"I meant it. I'm sorry if my drunk self has ruined our friendship. I didn't want to tell you as I was fearful that I would lose you."

You chuckled at him, taking his hand, not caring that your cheeks were matching his.

"Luckily I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.