Katherine Plumber- Muse (c)

Newsies One Shot

Being a writer and dating a writer was a perfect circumstance to be in. You may focus your writing on different genres but sharing a home with a fellow writer, allowed you and Katherine both to gain assistance from your partner and share the creative world of your work. Katherine was a journalist, struggling to find her place at a newspaper as a woman wanting to speak for the little man rather than run errands for her male counterparts, whilst you preferred to write fiction, often falling to poetry but were only able to publish under a male pseudonym.

Life for you both were focused behind closed doors. Neither of you could speak of your relationship without persecution, whilst you also hid your identity in your work and Katherine struggled to have her writing treated seriously in comparison to her male counterparts. Others may not have understood the struggle but you both worked as hard as you could to stand a chance in the writing world and it seemed to be going well thus far.

"Did you read my article?" Katherine questioned.

You nodded your head. "I have put my comments on it for you too. It is on my desk if you want it."

Katherine didn't answer instead hurrying across the hall to your study to find her work. The two of you often shared your writing with each other, providing a first round of edits before they would go on to be officially submitted to your actual editors. Katherine had recently written an article and although she was meant to have it to the editor tomorrow, she preferred to have the confirmation that you liked it before it was allowed to be read by anyone else.

You waited for her to return to discuss the article but when she didn't come back, you decided to check to make sure she found it okay. Katherine was sat in your chair, her article still on your desk, whilst she read through some of your own work that you had forgotten was out as well.

"What are you reading?" You questioned, your eyes widening.

Although you allowed her to read the poetry you were going to get published, a lot of it was personal and for yourself, never meant to be seen by Katherine.

"Are these about me?" She asked, flicking through the poems that you had hoped that she would never see.

"You weren't meant to ever read those," you whispered.

She raised an eyebrow at you. "How often do you write poetry about me?"

"Often," you admitted. "You're my muse."

Katherine placed the papers back atop your desk, coming over to you instead. She pressed her lips to your cheek.

"I am beyond flattered."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.