Jane Seymour- Comfort (c)

You awoke at a start covered in a fine layer of sweat, clinging your nightgown to your body. The nightmare that had startled you still swirled in your mind as you flinched to look beside you to see if the woman was still lying there. In your sudden movements, Jane had been jolted and begun to groggily awake to the moonlit room. She seemed confused but as soon as she saw the glistening of the tears upon your cheeks, her tiredness washed away, and she allowed her concern to take over.

"What's wrong?" She questioned, cupping your cheeks in her hands to force you to face her.

"I had a nightmare," you croaked, tears continuing to fall no matter how hard you tried to stop them.

Jane allowed her thumbs to brush away the tears and try to comfort you in their gentle circular movements. She cooed to you softly until you were able to breath normally once more and be able to talk to her without your emotions getting in the way too much.

"What happened in your nightmare?" She asked, keeping her tone soft and comforting.

"You left me. I awoke in the dream and you had left a not to say that you were leaving me for another. It broke my heart," you whispered, trying not to start to cry once again.

She leaned in to press her lips to yours, helping settle the worry and fear that was beginning to bubble again.

"I would never leave you," she assured. "I love you too much to spend a night away from you, let alone a lifetime."

"It just felt so real. I thought that when I actually did wake up, you would be gone and that I would have lost the woman I loved. I do not know what I would have done if I had lost you, I fear the loss of the person who makes my heart sing," you said.

Jane pulled you close to her, letting you rest your weary head upon her breast as she brushed your hair between her fingers. She let you calm down again before she decided to speak to assure you of the falsity of your nightmare.

"I told you that I'd never leave you; I'm not going anywhere," she assured you, pressing a kiss to your hair.

All you could do was believe her, too scared to ever doubt her love. You let her hold you tight and keep you calm until you both fell back asleep.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.