Veronica Sawyer- Mythic Bitch (c)

Heathers The Musical One Shot

"Y/N."

The voice was one you heard a lot of recently but hadn't heard sound as friendly in a long time. You hoped you could finish putting books in your locker before she reached you but there was no such luck. As you slammed your locked door closed, Veronica was stood behind, you a familiar smile on her face.

You wouldn't lie and say you hadn't missed her. You had been best friends since before you started school, but recently she had changed status at school and left you behind. The hierarchy of a high school baffled you and annoyed you beyond anything but that didn't mean you could fight it, so when Veronica became popular the two of you didn't talk anymore, you didn't even get an explanation to why.

"Aren't you scared your friends will see you talking to a commoner?" You frowned.

Veronica seemed confused by your harsh words. She hadn't spoken to you in months, not since she had joined the Heathers. Maybe she thought you'd just wait for her to speak to you, but you weren't that desperate.

"What's wrong Y/N?" She questioned. "I might hang out with the Heathers from time to time, but I'm still me."

You shot her a look. "'From time to time' my arse. You are one of them Veronica. Blazer and all."

She paused, looking down at herself. She was a mere ghost of the friend you had once had now covered in a blue exterior.

"I'm sorry that I've not been round as much, I'm trying to make real change here. We can't change the school, but they can," she said.

A laugh escaped your lips. "Yeah, real change. The only thing that has changed since you joined them was you. Everyone is still as mean as they were, but my only friend has joined them."

"I'm sorry," she pleaded, moving her hand to touch your arm but you quickly snatched it away.

"If you really are sorry Veronica, then you'll leave the Heathers. They aren't nice people, and once you were one, I can't stand seeing you becoming like them. So, either keep your little gang and let me get through this year, or please, become the Veronica I am friends with because I miss her, and I certainly don't see her here."

"You're being over dramatic," she stated.

"No, I'm not," you said firmly. "Do you know what you've become Veronica?"

"What?"

"A mythic bitch."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.