Jane Seymour- Tears (c)

Six The Musical One Shot

When you had first heard that the King had taken interest in the woman you loved, you thought that maybe at most she'd be forced into being his lover and offered jewels, gowns and gold to keep her happy and well cared for whilst he stayed by the side of his wife to the public eye. You knew that things weren't going to be nearly that simple when it was publicly known that his second wife Anne had been moved to the Tower of London awaiting execution due to infidelity. You had to put your anger to the side that the King was able to hold as many lovers as he saw fit but his wife was unable to look at another man without her neck on the line; instead needing to focus on how that would now affect Jane's role in his life.

She arrived at your chambers in tears admitting how terrible things had truly became for the two of you, but you could have never imagined what had happened. Jane was to be the new Queen, the King deciding she was to take his hand and both of you knew that she didn't have a chance to say no if she wanted to keep the life she had even without the gifts from the King. No matter how much you wished she wouldn't marry the King, your opinion didn't matter to him, your existence didn't even matter to him.

"If I could stay, please know I would," Jane cried. "I love you with all of my heart and if I could take you as my wife I would in a heartbeat but no one can argue with the King, no one's thoughts truly matter in comparison to his."

"I can't believe you're leaving," you croaked, your tears spilling onto your dress.

Jane rested a gentle hand to your shoulder. "I love you Y/N. I love you with all of my heart and I need to know that you believe me. Please."

You nodded your head. "I know this isn't your choice. I know you love me, and I know that I love you. That doesn't make this any easier though."

She pulled you into a warm embrace, pressing her lips to yours in a tender kiss. It was a fate neither of you could have known, neither of you ever imagining being apart but it was what would occur now and you would need to get past the longing of your heart.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.