Katherine Howard- Foolish (c)

Six The Musical One Shot

"Oh, Y/N," Katherine said dreamily. "He is completely different to the men before. Thomas loves me, I can just feel it. Of course, I love him too, and I just know that it is going to work out this time."

You tried to smile at Katherine, but you struggled to actually be happy for her. You had been friends with her for years and had always been a loyal confidant to her; the only thing that you wanted for her was happiness and one of the ways she sought it out most was in love. Sadly, she was rarely lucky in love. She tried her best, but men were always there to use and abuse her for how her youthful beauty and naivety. She always saw the best in the men and thought things would go well but you had learnt that such a fate was unlikely to happen and now wasn't a different occasion to that.

"I hope you are right Katherine," you smiled softly. "I really do but you need to be careful."

She paused, cocking an eyebrow at you, not sure what you were talking about, too lost in her fantasy and hope for the future.

"I'm sorry Katherine but how do you know that he really does love you? You thought that Henry did and all of the men before but it's pretty clear that Henry loves himself far more than he could ever love anything or anyone else," you sighed.

"I know that I was wrong about him," she admitted. "But Thomas does love me."

"I do hope he does but even if that is true, that doesn't mean you can be happy with him, Katherine," you explained. "He is Henry's courtier; you can't think that your husband will be happy about it. He executed his second wife for infidelity, he wouldn't hesitate to do the same to you."

Katherine nodded her head. "I know Y/N, but Thomas loves me in ways that Henry never could or would."

You gently wrapped an arm around her, trying to comfort her but your words had started to get to her. Katherine begun to question if the love was real or if it was just something that she imagined.

"I'm sorry Y/N," she whispered, tears brimming in her eyes. "I was so foolish. I always think that they love me, but their never do. No one ever loves me."

You softly shushed her, running a hand across her hair, holding her close to you.

"It's okay Katherine. I love you and one day you will find a man whom is in love with you too. For now, though, you need to be the wife of the King, please do not risk that for another man," you said softly.

"I promise that I won't be stupid," she whispered. "I'm sorry for everything."

"Don't be sorry," you cooed. "It's going to be okay."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.