Lettie Lutz- Family (c)

The Greatest Showman One Shot

Even though you and your parents had different opinions and thoughts, you never thought it would get to the point where you would be kicked out of your own home. They had taken great joy in your joining P.T. Barnum's Circus, where they finally saw beauty and pleasure in you being different to them, that was all until they realised just how different you were. They learnt that you were in a relationship with a woman and that wasn't something they could exploit, so kicked you out of their home, too scared of difference to allow you to stay with them.

You had never been too close with your family but that didn't mean that it made it any easier to be kicked out of your own home. Luckily your girlfriend Lettie was there to help you along with knowing you had a place to stay at the Circus where even if it wasn't the best life, it was somewhere that you felt accepted and that was something that you needed more than ever at the moment.

With tears falling down your cheeks, Lettie held onto you, not caring that your tears were coating her dress, just wanting to make sure that you were okay, something that you couldn't answer at the moment.

"I wish they would just understand," you whispered, trying not to choke on your tears.

"Hopefully they will with time," she assured you. "If they don't know, they are the ones missing out."

"I love you Lettie," you croaked. "I just wish that I didn't have to pick between the woman that I love and being who I truly am and being around my family and being part of their unit. It just hurts that I have lost my family, everything that I was."

She nodded her head, knowing how that felt, having been kicked out of her own home as well long before she found her place in the circus.

"I'm your family. And the circus too. Your parents may have revoked their roles in your family but that doesn't mean that you don't have a family. I am your family. The whole circus is your family. Nothing is going to change that. We are all different and that is what makes us work as we know what it's like to be kicked out of our birth families."

You gave her a gentle smile through your tears, just glad to have her here as you loved her and wouldn't want to lose her. You needed someone who supported you and you knew that Lettie would always do that.

"Thank you for being there for me," you smiled softly.

"I will always be here for you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.