Marius Pontmercy- Drunk: Part 1 (c)

Les Miserables One Shot

With the revolution around the corner, everyone wanted to celebrate, not knowing if they would live to see it actually happen. Alcohol was passed around and festivities in the air, taking everyone through until the night was deep and ready to be called in. You found your friend Marius, seeing how much he had been drinking throughout the night and deciding for your own sanity and his health, you needed to get him home and in a warm bed before he ended out in a damp gutter.

Marius wasn't a fan of the idea of going home but with persuasion and the promise of wine when you got home, he was willing to let you lead him back to his bed. You had been dear friends for many years, but you wouldn't ever admit that you liked him far more than just as friends. Even if you wouldn't admit that, you just wanted to make sure he was safe and happy and at the moment, the way to do that, you needed to get him back home.

As you led him out of the party, Marius tried to turn back in.

"I don't want to go home," he whined. "I'm not even drunk."

You shook your head but before you could argue he emptied his stomach into the road, standing back up, acting as though nothing had happened.

"Okay time to take you home, you're drunk beyond belief."

You ignored anymore of his arguing, struggling to lead him home as he was far taller than you and stronger but after a long and painful walk, you had managed to get him up to his bed. You helped him remove his jacket and shoes before giving up and letting him sleep in his clothes. Pulling his covers up to his neck, you prepared to sleep on the floor, not wanting to leave him in his intoxicated state. You went to walk away from his bed, but he called out your name.

"Are you okay Marius?" You smiled softly, pushing his hair out of his face.

"You're taking care of me," he giggled like a school child. "You care about me."

You rolled your eyes at him. "You're my best friend of course I care about you, you drunk imbecile."

Marius continued to laugh. "I care about you too."

It was good to hear that your best friend cared about you, it would have been a shame if he didn't.

"I love you Y/N," he muttered before falling into a slumber.

Your heart had skipped a beat and you couldn't help but focus on his words, unable to sleep, too scared they were just a drunk murmur or your imagination, but you hoped once he was sober, he would repeat it.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.