Jason Dean- Goodbye (c)

Heathers The Musical One Shot

The day went by slowly as it did most days. Every once in a while, you had a customer to tend to but not enough to keep you distracted and give your job meaning. Most of them acted as if you weren't even there as you served them, it was only the regulars that were polite. You wished you didn't have to work in 7eleven, but it paid what needed to be and forced you out of bed every morning, so it was good enough for now.

You picked at your nail varnish, attempting to distract yourself from the ticking clock going slower than it should have. Someone cleared their throat forcing you to look up, expecting to see a middle-aged woman annoyed that you hadn't started serving her within milliseconds of her arriving at your station and threating to get your manager. Rather than your least favourite customers it was one of your regulars.

JD was a bit younger than you, still in high school, but he was nice enough. He was polite and treated you like a human which was more than most people did. He reminded you a lot of yourself at his age, he was a lost teenager in a shitty situation and just wanted to escape from it all. At least he turned to a sugary beverage rather than drugs like most teenagers did.

"The usual," you joked.

Everyday he came in after school, the weekends he was there almost all day, and only ever got a blue raspberry slurpee. Most days he'd stay until he drunk it, talking to you at your station or going to one of the benches until it was all gone.

"Not today Y/N," he stated.

He was never an overly chipper person, but his frown was more prominent than usual. Something had to be wrong.

"Are you okay?" You asked him.

You knew nothing was alright in his life, but maybe something was being added to his problems.

"No," he frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"My dad's moving us again. Been here for eight months, the longest I'd stayed anywhere," he sighed.

You frowned. You didn't know him overly well, but it was nice to see him every day, make sure he was okay. It'd be sad to see him go.

"Where's he taking you now?"

He'd told you about his mum dying when he was younger, that after that him and his dad rarely ever stayed anywhere for long. You also had seen the hope in his eyes when he stayed for longer than he expected but all that hope had gone.

"Sherwood, Ohio," he grimaced.

You lived in Boston, Massachusetts; you doubted it would be anything like it in somewhere like that, you'd never even heard of Sherwood.

"It's going to be a sad day when you leave. When are you going?" You questioned.

"Later today," he frowned. "I wanted to say goodbye. You're the closest thing to a friend I've ever had."

Your expression dropped.

"I'm going to miss you, but you know I'm only on the other end of a phone if you need to chat," you said softly.

"Thank you, Y/N., I've got to go."

"Oh... okay... Goodbye JD."

"Bye Y/N."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.