Catherine of Aragon- Divorce (c)

Six the Musical One Shot

As a woman, you didn't have many rights, especially not with divorce that had only just been offered to the people, thanks to the King's wish to move on from his first wife. You weren't too surprised when you found out your husband was having an affair, but you weren't willing to put up with a loveless marriage where he was able to sleep with any woman he pleased and you were left with your children. You approached him and told him how you felt and that you weren't wanting to keep the relationship, luckily he agreed, rather marrying his mistress to make her unborn child legitimate as one of his heirs. It hurt you a lot to hear and admit everything, but you knew it would be better for you.

Now you were no longer welcome in your own home, you packed up your children and as many belongings as you could gather before heading off to your friend Catherine's home. She had been the first woman to be divorced, so there wasn't anyone better who you could turn to.

As soon as you got there, she called for a few of her maids to take your children to the nursery that she had for her daughter Mary- not that Henry allowed her to see her. Without the children there, Catherine wrapped her arms around you before wiping away your tears with her handkerchief.

"It will be okay, my dear," she smiled softly. "Your husband doesn't know what he is missing."

"What am I meant to do, Catherine?" You whispered, trying to stop your tears but it wasn't working nearly as well as you had hoped it would.

She ran a hand over your hair, keeping a reassuring smile upon her face. Her life wasn't the worst since her divorce, but it wasn't perfect, and it had changed a lot due to her husband's decision to marry a younger woman to attempt to get a male heir.

"I don't know, but we will figure this out," she assured you. "You are welcome here as long as you need, and I will help you figure everything out to offer you and your children the best possible life."

You gave her a gentle smile, wrapping her arms around her tightly, grateful for having someone there to support you as you didn't think that you would be able to take care of your family without her help.

"Thank you, Catherine," you said. "Thank you so much."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.