Lydia Deetz- Neighbour (a)

Beetlejuice the Musical One Shot

"We don't want to buy anything." Your new neighbour had almost slammed the door almost as quickly as you had knocked on it.

"Don't worry, I'm not selling. I'm from next door. My mum made me come over to introduce myself so... hi." She unenthusiastically pushed the door open and asked if you wanted to come in, she shouted through to announce your arrival, but her calls were met with silence as what appeared to be her family scattered around the house frantically discussing the decorations.

"How long have you been punk for?" You scanned up and down her outfit, noting how similar yet different your styles were. Hers a melody of black fabric on black accessories and yours an orchestra of vivid colour sat eclectically arranged on a black canvas.

"Few years I guess, not much of a scene out here though." She offered you a drink of whatever they had managed to quickly arrange in the fridge during moving in, you refused her offer of mostly alcoholic beverages. "You'll probably struggle with the whole goth thing to be honest."

"We can always keep each other company." The slightest rosy hue spread across her otherwise ghostly pale cheeks and her previously attentive eyes strayed onto her twiddling thumbs.

"I don't think I would say no, even though this house has always freaked me out." A flame sparked in her now lively eyes and instinctively her hands grabbed onto yours.

"I get a weird vibe here too! Do you think this place is haunted!?" She realised that your hands were cupped inside hers and mortified she reluctantly pulled away, but you wish she had kept them there for just a few moments more.

"The guys that lived here before died in a freaky car accident, seems like the start of a ghost story."

"Do you believe in those sorts of things?" She nervously and hopefully asked.

"Paranormal stuff?" She nodded, probably expecting the worst. "Yeah of course, I've tried to spend some time getting proof because nobody else really believes me."

"Have you found anything?" From a nearby tabletop she grabbed onto her camera and excitedly began to flick through the multitude of pictures of around the house.

"I haven't but I have a log of weird things that have happened around my house. Cups flying, things moving, just the normal stuff you know?" Her head bobbed up and down with the upmost excitement. "Why don't you come over one day and we can try and lure the spirit's out?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.