Jenna Hunterson- Lulu's Diner (a)

Waitress One Shot

"I'll take the usual." The always smiling and joyful Jenna poured out your drink, you noticed that she always too the extra time to make it just how you liked it, she did that for everybody, but yours had that extra touch of care.

"Coming right up... How has Lulu been this week? Not too much trouble I hope?" She finished plating up your Saturday morning pie with a small dollop of cream and walked it over, she leant on the counter with her head encapsulated in palms as her elbows leant on the counter in front of you.

"Oh please, you know that she's a star of the class, some of the questions that she asks I think that I learn more from her than she does from me." She watched and listened keenly, always with a subdued smile and interest in her eyes.

"Oh please, I'm her mother, she can't be that smart."

"Come on! Who owns this place?"

"Pfft, Joe gave me the money to open up this place, it's not as if I managed to do it myself."

"But does Joe pay all these people to come in?" Jenna looked around the packed diner, almost everybody had a fresh slice of pie in front of them and Jenna's lips only curled into a tighter smile. "No, they're here because you make the best pies on this half of America. You're a genius girl, deal with it."

She couldn't help but blush, she tried to hide it by walking away to clean up the table of a family that had just left.

"Oh, please, I can't be that smart." She protested as she wiped away crumbs of pie and cream that had dribbled from the side of the plate and onto the table.

"And how did you come to that conclusion?"

"I haven't asked you out on a date yet." Immediately after speaking, and without finishing cleaning the table, she walked out into the kitchen, leaving you stunned and open jawed.

"Excuse me?" You called out into the hustle and bustle of diner cooks and dishwashers.

"Sorry, I have to go, paperwork and stuff, you know how these kinds of things can be." She tried to rush out with a big stack of paperwork stuffed into her arms.

"Oh no, you aren't going anywhere. Tell me what you said before you rushed out."

"I said, I can't be that smart because I haven't asked you out on a date yet. I mean you're smart, kind, nurturing, generous and my dumb self can't bring itself to ask you to dinner."

"So why don't you?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.