Jim Pomatter- Decorations (c)

Waitress One Shot

"Nurse Y/N," You heard Dr Pomatter called. "Please come here."

You couldn't help the playful smile that toyed on your lips as you stood from the front desk of the doctor's surgery. The doctor had only just got in, the surgery having not opened yet, but there was still stuff to be done by the two of you. You walked into his office, trying not to let your smile stay on your face or let anything give away what you had done.

As you entered his office, keeping a straight face was nearly impossible. Every inch of the office was covered in tinsel, leaving the room to sparkle with Christmas spirit. He glared at you, his arms crossed over his chest, clearly not impressed with his festively decorated office, where his patients would soon have to come in.

"Yes Dr Pomatter," you smiled innocently.

Only when speaking with patients did you ever refer to him as Dr Pomatter, the two of you had been fast friends and you always referred to him by his first name- Jim. He didn't seem impressed with your decorating skills, and certainly not happy with his white coat having a new tinsel collar and glitter details to it.

"I'm assuming that this was your work?"

You shook your head. "How dare you assume such a thing? I would never do something like this."

He let out a sigh, opening a drawer of his desk to search for what he needed for work, but found all of the content of the drawer wrapped up in red and green paper with bows and ribbon decorating them.

"Y/N," he huffed, throwing one of the presents onto his desk.

"What?" You asked, attempting to seem innocent with the matter.

Jim cocked an eyebrow at you, a smile fighting its way onto his face as he tried his best not to laugh.

"How long did this take you?" He questioned.

You shrugged your shoulders. "I may or may not have spent the whole night doing it."

"I admire your dedication," he stated as he begun to unwrap the stuff that was in his drawers so that he could actually do his work today.

"It was a lot of hard work," you grinned.

"I can tell," he sighed. "Can you go unlock the front, but warn any patients there may be a slight delay?"

"Of course," you smiled.

You went to head back out to the reception so that you could start working, at the last second you turned back to the room you were about to exit.

"Jim," you said softly, not continuing until he raised his head. "Merry Christmas."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.