Juliet Capulet- Escape (c)

Any form of ball or party was far from your idea of a fun evening. This ball was held by your parents in your home in the search for a suitable wife for your older brother. You were expected to be there to keep up appearances for your parents, but you could only imagine that in the following years there would be many balls like this held to find your husband.

At the request of your parents, you danced with a few men but kept conversation short and smiles fake as ever until you could escape to the large doorway out into the gardens of your home. There in the doorway was another woman, looking about as amused as you did about being there.

"I wish I could escape here," you sighed, not caring if this woman listened but needing the words to be heard by the world.

The woman turned to you and offered you a soft, understanding smile. "So do I."

You cocked an eyebrow at her. You didn't expect her to listen to you, but you also didn't expect her to agree with you if she did listen. Every woman you had spoken to at one of these parties had always wanted to be there, excited to meet men and dance even if they didn't find a husband; it was nice to find someone who agreed with you about not wanting to be there.

"I've never been a fan of parties," she admitted. "I wouldn't be here if I got a choice."

"Neither," you responded. "I know somewhere that is a bit more interesting than this hellish place."

She paused and shrugged her shoulders, not seeing the harm in going to explore the place as long as it was far away from the music and dancing.

"I'm Y/N, this is my parents' home," you said as you lead her further into the gardens.

"Juliet."

You led her through the gardens to a hidden corner that you were certain only you knew about. It was a little overgrown, but it was beautiful and quiet and that's all you truly cared about.

"This is my secret garden," you admitted. "I tend to come here when I am sick of the expectations of being a woman and wish to not imagine myself married to the highest bidder like a prized hog."

Juliet let out a gentle laugh. "I certainly know what you mean. I wish I could have a place like this to escape to."

"You are always welcome."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.