Jason Dean- Car: Part 1 (a)

Heathers The Musical One Shot

A cacophony of banging hammers, shorting fuses and revving drills guided you to the garage, tools lay scattered along with a thick layer of metal shavings and sawdust.

"JD, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" He leant over the desk, both arms outstretched and planted over the table he gazed at the contraption on the table with hunger. Wires of all colours slithered out from within the box and a hollow beep echoed throughout the nooks and crannies of the garage.

"Oh, you know, just wrapping up a little present for my good friends at little old Westerburg High." His cracked and dusty trench coat pirouetted through the air and sent clouds of dust bursting outwards as he spun to face you. "Would you like me to put your name on it to?"

"You aren't funny now come on... disassemble that thing before somebody gets hurt, we need to get to the pep rally I don't want to be late again." He connected one final wire into a small hold in the devices side and slid it into his tattered backpack, the seams sewed up with miscoloured thread and holes fixed with patches of various materials. "I'm not fucking around Jason now come on, get rid of the bomb. We don't have to go to the dumb pep rally."

"No no." He slung the bag around his shoulder and slipped on his shoes. "I want to go, who doesn't love a bit of good old American school spirit." At the pull of a janky chain the door of the garage slowly opened letting the sunlight bleed in, dust lit up like fireflies and the light bounced off the rusty car that took pride of place. "Come on, hop in, ill drive."

He threw the backpack in the back seat, the kind of throw you do when their isn't a bomb involved and walked around to open the door.

"I'm not getting in the car JD, I'm staying here." You crossed your arms, stepped away from the car and faced away from him, your disobedience was met with the slamming of the car door and a hand grabbing your shoulder to spin you around.

"I didn't ask you to get in the car, I told you." His grip tightened on your shoulder and he re-opened the car door, this time it almost fell off its hinges as it flew open.

"I'm not doing this anymore." JD let go of your shoulder and turned around, his hands landed in his pockets and a feint smile appeared on his lips, he gently kicked small rocks around the garage.

"You know, I don't really dig the whole... insubordination thing that you've got going on." His smile dropped and his eyes became intense. "So, get in the car..." his voice lightened again, and his smile reappeared. "and put your seatbelt on, we wouldn't want you getting hurt now would we."

~*~

Written by Aaron.