Jane Seymour- Company (c)

You knocked on the door to her bed chambers and waited for her to call you into the room. She told you to enter and you did as you were told. Jane was still lying in bed as her physician had told her to, and a bored expression was on her face.

"Good morning, my lady," you smiled warmly, trying to help brighten her day which seemed to be rather dreary.

"Good morning," she said with a fake smile. "I am so glad to see you."

You had been her lady's maid since she married King Henry and you had quickly become best friends. It hadn't taken her long before she fell pregnant but with the last two wives of the King having girls, he wanted her to take every precaution to make sure this was a healthy baby and of course that she would have a boy. He had called in for the best doctors across the country and they insisted that bed rest was vital to keep the baby safe and healthy until she went into labour. She was doing as she was told but had gained complete boredom from it.

"I brought you breakfast," you said as you handed her the tray. "The doctor left a diet for the cook to make you. I don't understand what benefits this will give you, but your husband wishes for the best things for you and his child."

"Oh, thank you," she smiled. "What did I do to deserve you?"

You let out a laugh as you straightened out her sheets so that they were a little more organised after a night of her rest. As she tucked into her breakfast, you went through her wardrobe to find her a new nightgown so that she could get changed into something for her new day of nothingness that she was being forced to put up with.

"I'll leave your new nightgown at the end of the bed. I'll retrieve your tray when I bring your lunch," you assured her.

"Please could you stay for a short while," she pleaded. "I understand that you're busy, but I would really appreciate it if you could spend some time with me. I truly enjoy your company and I could use someone to talk to."

You smiled fondly at her, glad to have her wanting to spend time with you. "I would love to."

She let out a sigh of great relief. "Thank the heavens."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.