Evan Hansen- New Kid (a)

Dear Evan Hansen One Shot

"It isn't very fun being the outcast is it?" You stretched out your arm, making sure not to aim for the appendage that was bound in a white cast.

"It isn't that bad." After a few seconds he wiped his hands on his jeans and then accepted your offer for help. "That doesn't normally happen, normally I just get left alone. I normally only get physically assaulted once a month or so and at least once it happens, I know that I'm okay for the rest of the month."

You didn't know whether to respond with a laugh or just silence.

"Y/N." You reached out once more for a handshake.

"Oh great, more hand touching." He murmured to himself, under his breath. Once more he vigorously wiped his hands on his jeans before matching your offer.

"E-E-Evan Hansen." He replied, trembling and shaky. "You're new here right?"

"Yeah, we moved up a few weeks ago, haven't quite found my way around yet, mind giving me a hand? I need to find the science department."

"Oh, me? Well I'm kinda late, I need to get to class and then I need to do some library stuff and then... well I don't have any friends to meet but I have this thing I need to do and..."

"Please?" You interjected into his incoherent rambling.

"I mean, I can probably spare a few minutes, if it's quick."

"I'm sure that with an expert guide it wont take long to get there."

He chuckled very awkwardly before starting to walk off.

"You don't want to wait for me maybe?" He smiled and began to turn red.

"Oh yeah sure sorry, not used to walking with other people." You caught up to him and he took you around the winding hallways before finally finishing outside the office for the science department.

"Here we are..." He gawkily gestured to the door and turned to walk away.

"Wait, wait."

"What did I do wrong?" His shoulder scrunched up and his face was a mix on anxiety and fear.

"Nothing, I just wanted to maybe give you my number and take yours, you know, just in case I needed any more help getting around the school."

"Sure..." He wrote his number down on a scrap piece of paper and handed it to you.

"I do need some help again actually, later I'll need some help finding a good local café or something. Maybe you can show me after school? I mean I'm probably going to need some help ordering too so you might as well just come with me, if you aren't too busy with that thing that you have to do?" Evan's jaw dropped and he continuously scraped his hands on the same patch across his jeans, his eyes shifted from side to side and he leant in close.

"You mean like a date?" He became redder and redder.

"Oh, a date? I would love to Evan... call me later, well plan something."

~*~

Written by Aaron.