Jenna Hunterson- Moonlight (c)

Waitress The Musical One Shot

When you awoke to the space next to you in bed being empty, you instantly worried. You had been dating Jenna in secret for months, since just after she found out she was pregnant but now that her husband had completely wrecked their marriage, the heavily pregnant woman had begun to call your house her home. Of course, you didn't mind as you loved her dearly and knew her marriage had never been love filled but seen as she was due to give birth any day now, you couldn't help but worry about her constantly.

You got out of bed, peering through the darkness only assisted by a sliver of moonlight peaking through the curtains to your balcony. They fluttered gently, so you went to investigate. There you found the door left ajar and beyond that the heavily pregnant Jenna stood looking off at the world.

"Jen," you whispered, not wishing to startle her.

She snapped around. "Did I wake you?"

You shook your head, joining her by the fencing, wrapping an arm around her, partially to comfort her but also to help protect her from the bitter night breeze.

"I was worried about you," you commented. "Why are you out here?"

"I've always liked the stars and the moonlight," she shrugged. "On especially bad nights my mama would take me out on the porch and get me to point out constellations or simply just look at the sky. It was always something so beautiful and precious between us."

You gave her a gentle and sympathetic smile before joining her in looking up at the large glowing moon surrounded in tiny specks of stars.

"It is incredibly beautiful," you smiled. "But that might just be because I'm with you."

She turned up her nose at you, shaking her head at your cheesy comment. Even for you it seemed to have gone a little far on the cliché scale but nevertheless you loved Jenna and you couldn't help being cheesy sometimes.

"Don't be so cheesy," she said with narrowed eyes.

"I can't help it when I'm with you," you laughed.

The two of you fell silent once more taking in the beauty of the night sky for a few minutes before you felt it best for the two of you to go back inside due to the cold.

"Come on Jenna, we should get back to bed, we need to get all the rest that we can before the little one arrives."

She protectively rested a hand on her stomach, giving it a loving smile before nodding to you and allowing you to lead her back into the house.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.