Katherine Howard- Heartache (c)

Six The Musical One Shot

Blinded by your tears, you somehow managed to reach your friend Katherine's home to tell her of your heartache and sorrow. Whenever anything happened in your life, you needed to tell Katherine first, she was your best friend and always knew what to say or do to make you feel better or to assist you through whatever was happening. You never thought this day would come and as you told Katherine, she seemed equally shocked by the news.

You struggled to get your words through your sobs, but Katherine held you as you composed yourself enough to get the message across. You told Katherine of everything you knew and everything that had happened throughout that day up until you ended up crying in her arms.

As you did most days, you had gone for a walk through the lavish gardens of your home before heading home to have a rest in the library and have a drink before continuing on with your day. When you returned to your home, you noticed the door to your husbands' study open and he was sat at his desk with a stern expression. He beckoned you in, which was a terrible sign as he rarely wanted any contact with you, but you could have never imagined how truly bad it was.

He told you he had arranged for a divorce. Of course, it didn't matter about your opinion or even need your consent, but you hoped that if anything of the sort ever happened, he would speak with you before it had been finalised. Your husband told you he had found a mistress that you didn't know of and had been having an affair for your whole marriage, but she would suit a wife's role better. He didn't care about what this would do to you but he told you that you were expected to be out of his home by the end of the week and with that you would be abandoned to the cruel world without a husband or any way to make a living.

Without anywhere else to turn, Katherine's arms were the safest place you felt as though you could be.

"He is not worth crying over," Katherine smiled softly, wiping away your tears with her handkerchief. "Men are pigs, and you shouldn't need to concern yourself with his ways."

You tried to feign a smile, but it was hard to even fake any form of happiness.

"Men just break your heart and leave a mess in their wake. You deserve far better than him. You do not need to allow your heart to long for him."

"What am I meant to do?" You whispered.

Katherine shrugged her shoulders. "I do not know. What I do know is heartbreak and trusting the wrong man. You do not need to follow my lead, but I suggest to seek happiness elsewhere and keep your head up because he will not let his mind linger on what he has done."

"Thank you, Katherine."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request