Chapter 1

Zachs POV:

I woke up, not able to get that dream out of my head. The girl, the kids, everything. It was amazing, yet scary at the same time because what if that's how my life actually turns out?

I just want it, to ya know, happen. I don't want to know what'll happen.

But that girl, she was, perfect.

"Zach come down stairs, there's breakfast on the table." My mom said from the bottom of the stairs. I got up and went down and started eating.

"So today's the last day in this house, how do you feel about that?" She asked me.

"You already know how I feel about it. I don't want to leave all my friends here in California. Why are we going to Texas? I mean Texas isn't a bad place itself, it's just, I don't want to leave everything behind." I told her. That's the first time I've actually said anything like that out loud.

"Zach, Matt's job was relocated. We have to go, and don't say that just Matt could go, because that's not happening. Your stuff better be packed. We leave in a few hours." She said. I went up the stairs, made sure everything was packed, then went live on younow.

"Hey guys, so this is like the official last broadcast in this house." I said in my nerd voice with my nerd glasses on.

"So last night I had this really weird dream about this girl, and then we were grown up with kids and stuff and I don't know. I just can't get her out of my head though." I told the iPad.

I messed around for a little while, until my mom came upstairs telling me it was time to go.

"Okay guys, well I guess I have to go. Go follow me on my social media to keep up with me, my Twitter and Instagram are 'bruhitszach' my snapchat is 'bruhitszach21' and my YouTube is 'Zach Clayton' but that's about it, next younow will probably be in Texas! Bye guys!" I said and logged off. This is gonna be a long day...

_______________

Kenzie's POV:

"McKenzie it's 2:00 in the afternoon it's time to get up!" My mom said as she stood in the door way of my room.

She doesn't like how I sleep so late. She thinks it takes away from my day, but I don't care. Summer just started, this is how almost every teen spends their day, I think.

"There's gonna be new neighbors today, I believe they are coming from Cali." My mom said.

"Great, there's gonna be a damn city boy living next door." I said annoyed that my mom was still in my room.

"Kenzie stop, and you better be nice to them. There's a boy your age or at least that's what the realtor said. But make friends with him, show him around school." My mom said.

"Whatever mom, but if he's a total geek I'm staying away. I can't ruin the reputation that I totally don't have." I said and chuckled along with my mom.

She finally walked out of my room, and I got ready. I took a shower, straightened my light brown hair, and put on a black crop top that said 'I like to party' with white high waisted shorts, flip flops, and some mascara.

Just as I finished, I received a text from my best friend Brooke.

From: Brooke 😍😈💕

Hey, wanna hang out today?

To: Brooke 😍😈💕

Yes please! I'm so bored.. Come over!!

In less then 10 minutes Brooke was over. We both sat on my bed, and basically sat there on our phones listening to Shawn Mendes.

"So, there's supposedly this kid moving in next door. He's our age and coming from Cali." I told her.

"That's cool. Let's be friends with him.. Maybe he's hot." Brooke said while raising her eyebrows.

"Brooke you have a boyfriend!" I said laughing. Brooke is the best best friend ever.

"Kidding kidding. Do you know when he's gonna be there?" She asked me. Honestly I don't know. All my mom said was today.

I opened my mouth to answer her, but we heard a bang outside. We looked out the window and saw a huge moving truck next door.

"Does that answer your question?" I asked her.

She grabbed my arm and basically dragged me outside.

"Brooke what are you doing and where the hell are we going?" I asked laughing.

"To meet him." She said.

"No! Brooke I don't want to be friends with anyone new at the moment. Let's just go back inside and-"

"Hi, I'm Brooke and this is my friend Kenzie. She lives in the house right next to you and she just wanted to say hi." Brooke said as we approached the boy.

"Uh, hey I'm Zach." He said. Wow. That's it? That's all you got city boy?

Brooke's mom showed up and Brooke had to go home. I was left alone, standing alone with this kid, who I know nothing about.

"I'm sorry about my friend she basically dragged me down the steps of my house and then outside. But yeah I'm Kenzie." I said looking at him.

He's actually not that bad looking. The blue eyes are a great feature... Great.

"I'm Zach, again." He said. I lightly laughed.

"Well I gotta go finish unpacking, maybe I'll see you around?" Zach said.

"Yeah. Bye." I said and turned and walked to my house.

Wow that was embarrassing. I decided to text my best guy friend, Ty, and tell him about the new neighbor.

To: Ty 👊🏼

Guess whattttt? I got a new neighbor today..

From: Ty 👊🏼

It can't be that bad, maybe he's cool. Hopefully he likes black people 😂😂

To: Ty 👊🏼

Ty your so racist to yourself 😂 but anyway, I'm gonna take a nap. Peace ✌🏼️

From: Ty 👊🏼

Bye loser😂❤️

I closed my eyes, and immediately fell asleep.

___________________________

Okay so there was the first chapter, I honestly don't know if I like the story or not. Hopefully it'll get better. But do you guys like it? 10 comments for an update ❤️

-Emily 😈