Chapter 14

4 months later (November)

It's been about 4 months since I last had contact with Zach. And the last time I talked to him was the day he left.

He hasn't called, texted, nothing.

It's like he deleted my contact out of his phone. Or even deleted me out of his life. Gone.

I'm in Cali right now. I came down for the school year, even though I'm doing online schooling. I turned 15 two months ago.

Abigail finally forgave me, and I have my sister back. Life is going good.

Oh and I almost forgot, I started making YouTube videos and I have about 45K subscribers. I don't know how, but I'm thankful.

I really miss Zach though. He made me so happy, and made me feel wanted. Now he's not even talking to me.

I wonder if he's back in Texas, or still on the tour. I haven't checked his Twitter, YouTube or anything. So I have no clue what he's up to. Frankly, I don't want to know.

-December- (next month)

I woke up, it's Christmas.

Christmas is an amazing holiday, it's definitely my favorite. The only bad thing about today, is that I go back to Texas. I'm excited to see my mom, it's just i don't know. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back. But I have to.

I threw on some leggings, and an oversized sweatshirt and put my hair into a bun. I went downstairs where my dad was cooking breakfast with his girlfriend Danielle. She's really nice.

"Good morning, merry Christmas!" They both said in a cheery mood.

"Merry Christmas" I said back sitting down at the table checking my phone. I got a text from Brooke.

B: Merry Christmas Kenzie! I miss you so much! Come back soon! Have a good Christmas, and FaceTime me later! Love you!

She doesn't know I'm coming back today, so I'm glad I'll get to surprise her. Ah, I miss her so much.

K: aw Brooke! I miss you too! And I promise I'll come back soon! Love you too! And I hope you have a great Christmas as well, merry Christmas & I'll FaceTime you later on.

My dad finished the breakfast and called Abigail down and we all ate together. We opened presents shortly after. I got a bunch of clothes, gift cards, and shoes. I didn't really have anything that I really wanted for Christmas so this took me by surprise.

Around 2:30 I gathered my things and stuffed them into my two suitcases. Somehow I got everything in there. My flight was at 5 and the airport is about 30 minutes away so we left as soon as I was done.

We sat in the airport for a while until they called my flight on the speaker. We said our goodbyes and I headed to the plane. I took my seat, and immediately fell asleep.

-

"Excuse me miss, we've landed." The flight attendant said waking me up. I grabbed my carry on, then got off the plane and found my suitcases.

I walked through the airport and when I spotted my mom, I darted to her and gave her the biggest hug ever.

"Mom I missed you so much!" I said, still hugging her.

"I missed you too Kenz, I'm so happy you're home. Hungry?" She asked me.

"Starving. That airplane food was so gross." I told her and she laughed. She grabbed one of my suitcases as we walked to the car.

When we got home I lugged my suitcases up to my room, and went back down stairs.

My mom was on the phone with the pizza place, ordering a pizza. At 3 in the morning. When she got off the phone we sat at the kitchen table and she smiled.

"So how was it?" She asked me.

"It was great. I love California. But i think I like being here in Texas more."

"Meet any cute boys?"

"No. Still stuck on Zach. I should probably get over him though. Is he back?" I asked.

"Yes. He's been back since October. Apryll said the tour was a success. Oh, and we're having dinner with them tomorrow night. Well, tonight. I guess. So after pizza, head on up to bed." My mom told me.

After a little more chit chat the pizza guy arrived and we ate. Damn this pizza is good.

________________

The sun shone through my bedroom window. Morning? Already? Ugh.

I looked at my phone. 3:45 pm. SHIT. WE ARE GOING TO ZACHS AT 5!

fuck

Fuck

FUCK.

Okay, calm down. Breathe in, breathe out.

HOLY SHIT IM SEEING ZACH TONIGHT.

I hopped in the shower. I shaved, shampooed, conditioned, washed, then dried once I got out. I put on black leggings, and a PINK long sleeve shirt(picture) along with some white vans.

I put mascara and eyeliner on as my hair dried a little bit. After my makeup I blow dried my hair then straightened it. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt quite satisfied.

I looked at the time again, 4:57.

I ran downstairs to meet my mom, then we walked over together.

"You look nice. I like the shirt."

"Thanks dad got it for me." I told her as she knocked on his front door. Apryll opened the door and gave me a huge hug.

"Kenzie! I've missed you!" She said. I smiled.

We sat down at the kitchen table and Zach wasn't down here yet.

She put the food on the table then called Zach down for dinner.

There he is. Damn he looks good. Wait. There's a fucking girl behind him.

He sat right across from me, and the girl sat right next to him.

"Kenzie." He said. Almost like he saw a ghost. Like he didn't believe I was here.

"Hi Zach." I said with a slight smile.

"Oh my god, hi. You're back." He said with a smile.

"Oh I almost forgot, this is my girlfriend, Arielle."

GIRLFRIEND?!?!?!

_________________

So sorry for the long awaited chapter... I'm updating again tonight though. I'm so sorry omg. I've been so busy lately and it sucks. But I'm back and expect updates more often. I know this chapter sucked. And I'm sorry. I re wrote it about 5 times. So hopefully it's okay. Love you all!

-Emily