Chapter 44

It's been about three months since we broke up.

Zach would nonstop text and call me the first two weeks, but the third week it was occasional. Then it stopped.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Of course I still have feelings for Zach and I still love him, I'm still kinda upset about what he did to me. He said 'it was only once' but if I'd never found out it would probably happen again.

I looked down at my bowl of cereal. Today I'm meeting with Justin and then we're getting on a plane out to LA to meet with his record deal.

I'm not really nervous though. Since the breakup I don't really pay attention to my emotions. I fake a smile and get on with the day. Because what else am I supposed to do?

I finished my cereal and put the bowl in the sink. I put on a pair of vans. I got a text as I tied them.

Justin😇: hey I'm here

Kenzie: okay I'll be out soon!

I finished tying my shoes and grabbed my purse and my suitcase.

I said goodbye to my parents and they wished me luck. I already said goodbye to Brooke and all of my other friends yesterday.

I walked out and got into Justin's car with a smile.

"Sup buttercup" he said as I got in and I giggled.

"You're so weird." I laughed.

"So how are you doing?" He asked as he backed out of my driveway and started to drive to the airport.

"I'm okay." I said with a blank face.

"You and Zach should just get together again. You're miserable." Justin laughed.

"I'd rather be miserable than with him. Justin he cheated on me. I can't go back."

"Okay. I just want you to be happy." He said then focused on the road.

I turned on the radio and What Do You Mean started to play.

"How ironic" I said and we both laughed. We sang the song at the top of our lungs, along with other songs that came on the radio.

-

The plane ride was okay. I haven't been back in LA since the breakup. It made me a little upset, but I pushed the thought to the back of my head.

We got to Justin's house (that's where I'm staying) and we brought our stuff in. It was about 5x the size of my house.

"This place is fucking huge!" I said admiring his house. Justin laughed at me.

"There are a couple guest rooms, but I put your stuff in the biggest. It's upstairs and the first door on your left."

"Thank you so much Justin. I literally can't thank you enough. This is all so nice and amazing!" I smiled wide.

"You're welcome. Like I said, I like helping people and I think you have a great voice that needs to be heard more than its been heard." He said which made me smile even wider.

"So, should we get going?" He asked and I looked down at my outfit.

I was wearing a pair of high waisted shorts with a black crop top that only showed a little bit of my outfit. I had on black converse with the outfit and my hair was slightly curled.

"Do you think I'm too underdressed?" I asked Justin starting to think that I am.

"No you look fine Kenzie." He laughed and we walked out the door to his car.