Chapter 29

I couldn't speak. I couldn't talk.

All I could do was sit there, my mouth slightly open, trying to process what the doctor has just said.

Leukemia.. That's cancer. People die from cancer everyday.

No, this can't be real. It's not. I'm just dreaming. I have to be, wake up Kenzie, wake up.

I pinched my arm to wake myself up, yet nothing happened.

It all came crashing down like a ton of bricks when I realized that this is real. I have Leukemia. I'm going to die.

"H-how?" I said stuttering. I was trying to hold in my tears.

"I'm not sure. I'm so sorry." He said to me.

"Excuse me mam, can you come into another room with me so you can fill out paper work?" He asked my mom and she nodded and followed him. As soon as she shut the door I broke down completely.

Tears flew down my face onto the floor. I was hysterically crying. I put my head in my hands and continued crying. Then a thought occurred to me. Zach..

*zachs pov

I was just staring at my ceiling lost in my thoughts. I'm a little nervous, I hope Kenzie's hospital visit is okay and there's nothing wrong with her.

A couple minutes later my phone went off. It was a text from Kenzie.

K- Can you please get to the hospital as soon as you can? It's an emergency.

I started to panic. So many thoughts ran through my head.

"MOM!" I screamed while getting shoes on.

"What Zach?" She asked when she walked into my room.

"We need to go to the hospital, NOW. It's Kenzie, there's something wrong with her. Please can we just go I need to see her mom" I said to my mom and she nodded her head. We got into the car, and I texted Kenzie back.

Z- were on our way.. Is everything okay? What happened?
K- I'll explain when you get here..

We pulled up to the hospital and my mom parked and we walked in. I walked a little slow, because I'm scared. I don't want Kenzie to be hurt.

We got in and went to the front desk.

"Um, do you know where McKenzie Lancaster is?" I asked the lady.

"Room 236, are you family?" She asked and
I nodded my head. We went and found the room, which took forever.

Before walking in, I looked through the mini window. There she was, beautiful as ever, with tears falling down her cheeks. I opened the door and went straight to her and wiped the tears away and hugged her.

"Zach..." She said quietly.

"Yes?" I said.

"They diagnosed me with leukemia." She said even quieter.

A tear fell down my cheek. Then another.

"What?" I asked her.

"H-he took blood, th-then came b-back and s-said I have I-it." She said stuttering in between breaths.

I put my hands in my hair and squatted down looking at the ground.

I started crying really hard. (Yeah, a guy is crying, get over it.)

"Kenzie I'm so sorry. I wish this never happened to you." I said standing up and grabbing her hand.

"Me too."

_______

*Kenzies POV

We pulled into our driveway and I went straight up to my room. My mom and Zach both tried to stop me, but I didn't stop. I shut my door and laid with my head down on my bed. Eventually Zach came up and sat with me.

"Baby, it's gonna be okay." He said softly.

"How do you know that?" I said picking my head up to reveal my tear stained face.

"Because you're strong. I believe in you. I want you to stay strong for me, Brooke and your family." He said to me.

I nodded my head. I didn't know what to say, honestly.

"I'm just so scared. Why me? Why did this have to happen to me?" I said.

"I don't know Kenz. I really don't. Just promise me you'll stay strong." He said to me holding out his pinky.

"I'll try." I said putting my pinky around his.

___________________________

IM SO FUCKING SORRY OH LORD!

I don't even remember the last time I updated. But it's been a long month.

School started yay(sarcasm) and ew I hate school.

But it's a 4 day weekend so that's good.

And this chapter sucked so bad omg! I feel like I can't even write good anymore. (Not that I was ever good, but you get my point) and I was honestly thinking about just deleting this book.

But I won't, because I know people like it, and I haven't gotten any hate on this book. So yeah.

But once this book ends, I'm going to edit the first book because it's all over the damn place😂😂 but anyways, I'm gonna start writing the next chapter soon, but please give me some ideas, I really need some if you want the book to keep going.

Because eventually, I'm gonna run out of ideas.

But love youuu and the next chapter will be up soon !

-Emily