03| Home, Sweet Home

Chapter 3: Home, Sweet Home

Stepping in my house, the delicious smell of warm cooked meal hits my nostrils.

Mmm, don't you love it when your mom is a great cook?

A small smile formed in my lips as l walked further in the big house. I made my way to the kitchen and as expected, my mom was there.

"Welcome home sweetie, how was school today?" she greeted me with a warm smile, taking me in her embrace.

Oh, don't get me started mom. I don't wanna think about what actually happened today.

"Oh you know, the usual. Nothing worth mentioning really." I shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to get into details about a certain someone that discovered I am crushing on his friend.

She just smiled again and went to the cupboard to take some plates. I took off my bag and moved towards her to help her set the table.

"How was your day mom?" I questioned while setting three glasses on the wooden table.

"A little tiring I'll admit. A customer started bargaining for a three-piece set and in the end, he didn't buy it. But other than that it went well, thankfully." she sighed tiredly.

I gave her an apologetic smile, understanding how exhausted she was. Being an art gallerist is quite the handfull. Having to deal with picky customers and arrogant people.

Even so, my mom loves her job. She cherishes art as much as me, hence that's why I'll step in her footsteps. I'll continue her job as an art gallerist once I graduate from school and won't go through the hardships of being in college.

I wasn't into getting a scholarship either way.

Besides, the reason why most of the students want the scholarship, is just to show off their abilities. It's not like they can't get into the college they want with their parents' money. It's a private school after all, you don't go there for free. But as I stated before, they all think too high of themselves and want to impress everyone.

Once we finished setting the table, we made our way to the couch to chat for a little while until my father comes back from his work.

I sat on the soft cushions and took a pillow in my hands. I hugged it tightly, letting myself sink deeper into the couch.

"Anyways, how are the girls doing? I haven't seen them for a while." she said once she plopped herself down next to me.

"They are doing great. Ava is peaceful as usual and Mia is loud...as usual." I chuckled, rolling my eyes once I remembered her fangirling screams earlier this day.

My mom seemed to understand and chuckled as well, making her dimples visible.

It's surprising how breathtaking she can look even at this age. Beautiful hazel eyes, sharp delicate nose, a wide lovely smile and dark brown hair that didn't go beyond her shoulders, with some grey strands of hair showing.

They say that I have taken after her looks and I'm not complaining. Although, I have my father's eyes, light green.

"Oh that's nice. You should tell them to come over more often." she suggested, brushing softly my hair. "Oh and speaking of which, I want to meet these two guy friends of yours you always tell me about. Sam and Peter was it?"

And that's where she ruins it.

Of course I have told her about them, as they are the only guy friends I hang out with from school. But it's not like I'm comfortable enough with the thought of my mom talking to Sam. Because apparently, she knows about my crush on him.