21| Modeling

Chapter 21: Modeling

"Um, should I come in another time?"

A familiar voice was heard out of the blue, startling both Sam and I to the bone.

And as if the situation wasn't awkward enough, out of fright, both me and Sam flinched. My body automatically jumped up and I fell from the stool, dragging Sam along with me and he landed underneath me.

He must have gotten hurt from the fall, because I heard him groan a bit. And I was also, practically, squeezing him to death... I couldn't even bring myself to look at him, afraid that he might be already dead by now.

"You know," Sam groaned in pain from underneath me, while slightly turning his head to the side, "there's a thing called knocking?"

"I did knock." Peter claimed, leaning on the door frame with folded his arms, amused by the sight in front of him.

"You did?" Sam asked in disbelief, raising his eyebrows in surprise. He shifted from his position and managed to stand up, while stretching his hand for me and lifted me up as well.

"Nah, I never knock. But it's okay, because other wise, I would have missed this whole...position." Peter shrugged his shoulders, with a naughty grin playing on his lips.

Sam let out a sigh, shaking his head in displease at his friend's remark. "Yeah, right. And if you weren't late, we wouldn't have been in this position to begin with. So come here and help us." he gestured him to come over to where we were standing.

"Okay, okay. What do you want my help with?" he said defeated, taking some steps closer.

Sam picked up the fairylights, wrapping them around his hands and turned to look at Peter with despair written all over his beautiful face. "I don't know what to do with these." he pouted as if there was no hope for him left.

At that point, Peter and I exchanged looks and then looked back at the hopeless boy infront of us. My heart almost melted at the sight of him and my eyes softened.

I don't really know how and when this happened, but Sam was now fully wrapped in the fairylights. Actually, not just wrapped. The fairylights were tangled all over his long hair, followed down to his neck, shoulders and arms, making it  impossible for Peter and I not to giggle at him. He looked like a kitten tangled with a skein of yarn. Or a Christmas tree.

He looked cute either way.

Peter let out a chuckle before clearing his throat. "Alright, firstly, we should untangle you from this mess."

Once we helped Sam break free from the chaos of lights, Peter spoke again. "Okay, now. You said that you want to paint her, right?" he asked rather rhetorically, but Sam nodded nonetheless. "Alright, the fairylights--OH!" Peter started off, but his eyes shot up in surprise when the lights that he was holding, changed colour and from a warm yellow tone, turned into a pretty emerald green. "They change colour?!" the astonished boy asked.

"Yes, that's why I need your help. I haven't decided neither the positio--Um, I mean, angle nor the colour of the lights." Sam explained sadly.

A mischievous, yet smug smile formed on Peter's lips, when he made clear that the lights were more than just one colour. "Ohoho~ That's nice then. This gives us a lot of creative potential to experiment with." he smirked, looking down at his hands holding the, now blue-coloured, fairylights.