14| Is It A Date?

Chapter 14: Is It A Date?

"I can't believe I'm loosing my beauty sleep for this..." Mia groaned loudly and run a hand through her tired face. Her curly brown hair were a mess and her eyes half open.

She says that, but she didn't hesitate to order a 3.500-calorie caramel frappuccino, the moment we entered the coffee shop.

Seriously this girl...

"But I don't think I need it the most, right now because, oh my fluff, Liv why are you looking like that?" she analysed my every corner. From my frowned eyebrows to my dark circles and my puffy cheeks.

I really shouldn't have eaten this much chips yesterday. I knew they would make me look like a pufferfish.

I lazily raised my tired eyes and lifelessly looked at her, while sipping my tea. I don't even want to bother fighting with her right now.

"For real though. Why are you looking like a dead raccoon, again?" Ava gave me a look.

The again hit me hard.

I closed my eyes in frustration and pinched my nose bridge, before replying. "The reason why, my dear friends, is because you over here," I pointed at Ava, "stressed me out last night with that text of yours." I narrowed my eyes. "And because of that, I couldn't even close my eyes to sleep from the tension. And for me to relax, I had to draw until five in the morning. Thank you very much." I sighed in frustration once again.

"Oh, wow. And I can see that you really relaxed with this." she stated sarcastically while looking at my eye bags. "What did you draw this time? The cousins of the banana you drew the other day? Or did you make a progress and chose to draw apples, instead?"

I blinked for a second, trying to process what she said. Because I still couldn't function properly.
"Uh, no. I don't really want to talk about it..." I frowned to myself, thinking of last night.

I don't want to remind myself what my hand wanted to draw last night.

And thankfully for me, they chose to brush it off and not question me further.

"Anyhow...We have almost four hours till we meet the boys at the stadium. Why don't you tell us what the heck was this text about?" Mia turned her gaze to Ava and I did the same.

I mean, the whole point of us meeting at the café at 8 o'clock in the morning, which is very unlikely of us, was for Ava to tell us what she wanted to talk about.

"Ah...yes. I feel like shit." Ava massaged her temples.

"We obviously can see that, honey. But you are not alone in this. Look at us." Mia gestured at the three of us, that looked like as if we had been left in a deserted island for too long.
"We are all...pathetic." she emphasised the last word.

Yeah. We were indeed pathetic to say the least.

Ava sighed and raised her eyes to look at us. "I don't know how to say this... To be honest, I don't even know how to explain this or even label it in my mind." she trailed off.

Mia groaned in annoyance and pulled her hair. "Girl, just spit it ou-"

"I think Liam asked me on a date." Ava cut Mia off, finally going straight to the point.

Wait. What? Come again?

This sudden outcome made both Mia and I spit our drinks and start coughing. Almost choking to death. A waitress that was passing by, gave us a weird look and came towards us.

"Umm... Do you want me to bring you some napkins..?" she looked over the messy table and then our clothes.

"If you could bring two glasses of water, that would be gre-"