11| The Cure

Chapter 11: The Cure

So... My eye bags, have made eye bags of their own. The first ones are purlpe and the second ones, the oldest ones, are black.

I even broke a comb today. I was just trying to fix up a bit the bird nest of a hair I had, due to the little encounter with the spoon-banana thing. But the brush wouldn't cooperate with me and chose to die on me instead. And, I think I'm getting bald in some places as well...?

But!

I have the cure!

The cure for my missing talent.

The cure of my curse, that's gonna make me an expert of still nature ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

"Straws, what are you doing with that box in your hands?"

I snapped out of my inner monologue, as a familiar voice interrupted me. I turned my head and faced Felix, who was standing next to my locker, looking at me strangely as if I was possessed by a ghost.

"Oh, good morning Felix." I greeted him.

"Felix? Not berry?" he gasped, as he was not used to me calling him by his name. "Oh and, umm, what happened to you?" he questioned right after, checking me out from head to toe. "I mean, I thought that Mia was awful, but, let me tell you. If she's awful on the inside, you look awful on the outside." he added as a matter of factly.

Okay, wow. What a great friend I have.

"Christ, berry. You are so sweet."

He lightly chuckled before responding with a question again. "Thanks. But, honestly, what happened to you?"

I sighed in despair, "It's-"

"Good morning guys!" I was interrupted mid-way as three people made an appearance, walking towards us. And that three people were Ava, Sky and Blake.

"Morning guys." I greeted them back.

Blake nearly screamed once he saw my face. "Oh my God, what happened to you Livy?!" he asked worriedly, encircling me and inspecting me like a doctor.

Why is everybody asking me? This is getting frustrating.

I tried to keep myself calm, but, when I saw that Felix was laughing so hard at his younger friend's reaction, I couldn't help it. A visible frown played on my face and I angrily glared at him.
He stopped laughing once he saw me giving him a death stare, as he practically choke on his own spit out of fear that I might kill him right then and there.

"Um-Did you sleep well?" Sky questioned, his face concerned.

"Apparently not." Ava stated knowingly. She knows me too well already to understand that I have been through some weird phase again. "I mean, it's not like I care much for make-up stuff, but even I know that you could have put a little bit of eye cream, or concealer?" she commented, taking a good look at my black circles.

I inhaled sharply, closing my eyes shut, before giving them an answer. "Guys...please let me be, 'cuz my nerves are not good right now." I smiled at them with gritted teeth. "THIS is the sacrifice I had to take in order to be able to draw again, okay?"

"Yes but, we know that you can draw-" Blake started speaking, but got interrupted by Felix.

"Ooh guys! You have to see the banana-spoon drawing she send me..." he trailed off with excitement, but when he landed his eyes on me and saw my deadly glare on him, his smile dropped. "...yesterday..." he gulped, finding hard to complete his sentence anymore. "I me-meant so say... BANANA MILK! Yes! Sky let's go get some banana milk from the vending machine!" he raised his voice awkwardly, quickly dragging Sky from his arm and running away from us.