26| Falling... Literally.

Chapter 26: Falling... Literally.

"So... Wasn't the point of this whole fiasco, with the broken flower pots and giving Mia fractured ribs, for us not to be seen by Liam, who is right across the flower shop?" I clicked my tongue and eyed them all.

"Yeah, kind of." Felix nodded his head and shrugged his shoulders.

I cleared my throat and let out a breath, while walking casually on the pavement. "Okay, then...why was Liam inside a...music store?"

"Yes, it's quite weird, isn't it?" Matt's eyes narrowed in confusion, observing the music store suspiciously.

Liam was spotted by Peter in a music store, while they spied on him. It really took them by surprise when Peter told the boys what he witnessed and at first, no one believed him. Not until they saw him with their own eyes as well. They realized they could be caught red handed on the street while Liam was inside the store, hence they panicked and rushed into the flower shop to hide.

However, after all this commotion with the broken flower pots and hiding spots behind succulent plants, Liam had moved on and they boys had lost his tracks. No one knew where he was and now, we were pacing back and forth in the crowded streets not knowing where to go. We're trying to keep a low profile, as we were both hiding from Liam and Ava. Things were harder.

The scorching heat the sun radiated above us, did not help the situation either. On the contrary, it drained all of our energy and made us look like dehydrated zombies.

I was really getting tired and I wasn't the only one. Blake and Mia hadn't stopped groaning from the excruciating heat for minutes. "Guys... I'm hot and thirsty. Since Liam is nowhere to be seen, how about we go grab some ice cream?" said Blake.

Christopher stretched his arm and beckoned to Blake. "Come here, child." he dug his hand inside his back pocket and took some cash out, handing it over to the younger boy. "Go grab something to eat and we'll catch up at the park, okay?" he ruffled his hair and Blake giggled.

It was odd watching this interaction between the oldest and the youngest of the group. All along I'd thought that this affectionate side of Christopher was non-existent. I only knew of his cocky, teasing side and never noticed how affectionate he was with his brothers.

It was, surprisingly, pleasant to see him like that.

Blake smiled widely, his eyes cutely forming into crescent moons. "Thank you, big bro!" he said and after waving us 'goodbye', he dashed away like a cheetah.

This kid is the cutest little bean I've ever seen. No wonder everyone acts so protective over him. He has this aura that makes you want to wrap him in a warm blanket and feed him chocolate.

All the while, I was feeling Mia's fingers pinching my arm vigorously, as if she had something to tell me. But, I was brushing her off, because I was too focused on watching Christopher being a good dad to Blake and wondered what he would look like as a real dad one da-

Wait, what?

Scratch that, I don't know why I brushed her off.

But minutes later, Mia grew impatient and sneakily dragged me in a near corner to talk to me, without saying a word to the rest of the group.

"What happened?" I titled my head worriedly.

She let go of my arm, wearing a more than a serious look, as she looked deep into my eyes. "You know what's going on here, right?" she grabbed both of my shoulders and brought me closer to her.

"Uh...no?"

"Liam? In a music store?" she gripped on my shoulders tighter, emphasising the last words and my brows raised in realisation.