24| It's A Bad Idea

Chapter 24: It's A Bad Idea

This is bad... This is really bad.

"Quit standing there and hide!" Mia whispered-shouted and dragged me to a near corner of a building. She peeked her face slightly and looked around her, double-checking every person that was minding his own business.

Unlike us...

I don't feel proud of what we are currently doing, here on the busy streets...

"Mia, I really feel like a creepy stalker right now. We shouldn't be doing this..." I whispered in her ear and averted my eyes to spot a certain someone.

Mia shushed me once again and grabbed me from my arm.
She moved her feet and sneakily walked forward, but a second later, she yelped in surprised and hurriedly hid behind a rubbish bin, dragging me down with her.

"Phew, that was a close call..." she clutched her heart and took a deep breath in.

I slightly titled my head to the side to get a better view of what had caused Mia to squeal like that and saw Ava in the distance, tying her shoelaces.

"Great. We are here for one reason and you seem to fail doing even that." I rolled my eyes and watched as Ava stood up and continued walking between the busy bodies.

Mia let out a scoff and made me follow her again. "If you don't stop rumbling, we are going to miss her. And for fluff's sake, we are not stalking her! We are here for the greater good, remember?" she pushed me to hide behind a tree, while she kept her eyes glued on the unaware victim.

The amount of glances we have gotten the past 10 minutes by the people passing by us, is insane.
I mean, I can't bring myself to blame them, especially this one middle-aged lady, that was walking her dog on the pavement. I really felt embarrassed when we, practically, used her as a shield to hide our pity butts, as she was  fat enough to be used for this purpose.

No offense, ma'am.

It wasn't my fault though. Mia was about to let Ava catch us on the act, because she got  distracted for a split second, with a small kitten running beside her.

And to think, that this 'not stalking Ava, but following her for the greater good' thing, was her idea...

Mia let out a tired sigh, when she saw my expression, with raised brows and eyes in disbelief. "Okay, let's repeat this one more time..." she breathed in and made me look at her carefully. "Olivia, darling. Why are we doing this right now?" she spoke slowly, trying to be as understandable as possible.

"Because...we want to go out with our friend, whom we haven't seen for so long, because she's been avoiding us, claiming that she is very busy... And we have missed her." I said, speaking as if I was reading my words from a book. I have learnt this phrase by heart, since I've repeated it more than three times already.

Mia looked around her, while, simultaneously, trying to focus on me as well. Once she saw that the coast was clear, she gripped my hand and we continued walking behind Ava, while keeping a good 20-meter distance.

"Good." she approved and looked at me again, indicating that I should continue saying all the stuff that she made me 'believe'.

"So...that means that, this is not stalker-ish behavior, but it's just two friends that they miss so much their other friend..." I spoke slowly, trying to remember every single word that she made me learn. Mia nodded her head in agreement, encouraging me to continue on with my speech. "And these two friends, want to make the other friend hang out with them by force." I smiled innocently and Mia faced-palmed herself, letting out a groan.