28| Glittery Pink Rose

Chapter 28: Glittery Pink Rose

I am regretting the moment I ever agreed to this.

It's not like I had a choice, since my mom would kill me otherwise, but still, I was not looking forward to teaching this kid how to hold a paint brush properly.

I took a deep breath and opened the door to my art studio. Well, I like to call it an art studio, but it's more like a room where I keep all my art supplies and artworks. Nothing like Sam's professional room.

Once I stepped in the room, there he was, the descendant of a chimpanzee, standing in all his glory. Holding on his one hand a ridiculously beautiful pastel pink rose, with gold glitter dusted at the ends of its petals, and on his other hand delicious looking, chocolate truffles.

I internally groaned, thinking that I won't be eating any of these again.

I really like these chocolate truffles...

Too bad my mom will enjoy them again.

"You were in the kitchen with my mom for some time now, why didn't you give her the truffles there?" I sighed. "Did you have to rub it in my face first thing in the morning and make me crave it?" I mumbled bitterly.

Christopher didn't smirk nor laughed at my complaint, as I expected him to. Instead, he gave me a sweet smile, to which I frowned. He looked like a proud puppy that had accomplished something for his owner.

"Actually, shortcake, these are for you." I could see his invisible tail wiggling happily.

"What?" I choked out.

These are not for my mom?

The little dillweed stepped closer to me and handed me the chocolate truffles. "I felt bad for bringing some only for your mom last time," he said and then handed me the pink rose. "and this is a little something to make up for cancelling on you three times this week. I know you are busy and have a schedule to follow as well, so you must have gotten frustrated with me." he flattered his eyelashes playfully, the guilt was painted all over his face.

I blinked twice, not really being able to process all this properly.

He got me truffles...and a rose. A very pretty one.

No one has ever done this for me.

"Go sit in the chair next to the easel." monotonously, I pointed a finger behind him. He pouted at the harshness of my tone.

"Thank you, though." I cleared my throat awkwardly, not liking the way my voice softened. I only swallowed down my pride just for the sake of being polite.

I watched as his pout turned into a dimply, huge grin, that could be sweet enough to melt an iceberg. He dashed to sit at the chair, like an obedient student.

"But, don't think you can sugarcoat the fact that you are irresponsible and you saw me naked." I narrowed my gaze at him, regaining my fierce tone again. I made my way to the shelf, where I keep my paint tubes and paint brushes.

"First of all, shortcake, I really do feel bad about it, but I couldn't do anything, because my coach is very strict. And second of all, you weren't naked naked, you had your bra on. Think of it as a swimwear." he smirked, shrugging his shoulders while doing so.

He looked so casual about it. As if he sees female bodies every day... Oh wait, he does see female bodies everyday.

Those cheerleaders.